Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:24 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm
With the new E-tube cables having thinner plug ends on them, but with the diameter of the wire little changed, are the original Shimano grommets for frame openings still the ones to use with the new EW300 cables?
There's a new grommet with smaller opening but people here say the wire diameter is almost the same so the old grommets fit fine.
Old grommets work pretty well with EW300 cables on my bike. They actually grab the cable pretty good that I needed to remove them before adjusting cable length.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

riochang

by riochang

Vincentsmoox wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:35 pm
I use ultegra 12sp and rotor aldhu with rotor direct mount chainring on my tarmac sl6

Shifting not as good as stock, but useable. Little slow to catch big ring and I already got chain out once when descending and shift from small to big chainring on about 90-100rpm cadence

Little repositioning the fd and Fine till now.
Thanks for the feedback! that's what I was expecting, nothing really beat stock shimano chainring at the moment...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

riochang wrote:Thanks for the feedback! that's what I was expecting, nothing really beat stock shimano chainring at the moment...
Nothing ever does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

ipenguinking wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:31 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:24 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm
With the new E-tube cables having thinner plug ends on them, but with the diameter of the wire little changed, are the original Shimano grommets for frame openings still the ones to use with the new EW300 cables?
There's a new grommet with smaller opening but people here say the wire diameter is almost the same so the old grommets fit fine.
Old grommets work pretty well with EW300 cables on my bike. They actually grab the cable pretty good that I needed to remove them before adjusting cable length.
Thanks for the feedback.

kode54

by kode54

Anyone lose the rubber plugs on the Dura Ace calipers? The ones that cover the bleed hole and the bleed screw?

I lost all of them and I'm not sure when I lost them. Maybe they simply popped off on a rough ride?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ms6073

by ms6073

kode54 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:38 pm
Anyone lose the rubber plugs on the Dura Ace calipers? The ones that cover the bleed hole and the bleed screw?
Can't speak to R9200 but while my R9170 equipped bike was setup on the Tacx Neo, the rubber 'cap' seperated from the bleed screw on the rear brake then migrated into the brake caliper which induced some drag out on the road as well as a slight squeal when I slowly turned the wheel. Once I figured it out, I removed the caps from all our bikes.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

gSporco

by gSporco

So I just built up my non S-works size 52 Aethos today with Ultegra 12 and im wondering what some of you are doing to protect the front derailleur cable?

Its not near the tire, I removed most of the slack sonit curves in nicely, but I can see a rock just get thrown up in there and rip the wire.. Should I out a piece of tubing on it and tape it to the down tube?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

tmrace

by tmrace

gSporco wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am
So I just built up my non S-works size 52 Aethos today with Ultegra 12 and im wondering what some of you are doing to protect the front derailleur cable?

Its not near the tire, I removed most of the slack sonit curves in nicely, but I can see a rock just get thrown up in there and rip the wire.. Should I out a piece of tubing on it and tape it to the down tube?
I know a lot of people just leave it as is, or use a bit of electrical tape to secure it to the seatpost. Make sure you are using the little "L" piece that helps direct the wire towards the frame.

Shimano does make a product specifically to help keep the wire secured to the frame. I usually use Shimano's solution, but I haven't had any issues the few times I had to use electrical tape.

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/ ... -EWC2.html

gSporco

by gSporco

tmrace wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:59 am
gSporco wrote:

I know a lot of people just leave it as is, or use a bit of electrical tape to secure it to the seatpost. Make sure you are using the little "L" piece that helps direct the wire towards the frame.

Shimano does make a product specifically to help keep the wire secured to the frame. I usually use Shimano's solution, but I haven't had any issues the few times I had to use electrical tape.

Yes I am using the "L" 90* cover..

That part you provided the link for is exactly what I am looking for.. Im sure electrical tape would be more than adequate.. But shimanos solution is really nice

Thank you
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Steve K

by Steve K

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:02 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:00 pm
With the 12sp drivetrains, is there still the option in the E-Tube software to switch off the 'gear control' - the feature that stops you shifting into the two smallest cassette cogs when on the small chainring? If it's there, is it chainring size dependent, as it is with the 11sp setups?
You can absolutely shift into those gears. I use it all the time when storing the bike. No need to set up anything IIRC. 52/36 + 11/30 R8100.
Can anyone with R9250 chime in here? I just noticed that gear control doesn't exist on an R8150 group I just installed, but it does exist on my R9250 groupset. I don't see any e-tube options, both have the latest firmware, cassette and chainring combination does not seem to matter.

overl0ad

by overl0ad

gSporco wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:51 pm
tmrace wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:59 am
gSporco wrote:

Yes I am using the "L" 90* cover..

That part you provided the link for is exactly what I am looking for.. Im sure electrical tape would be more than adequate.. But shimanos solution is really nice

Thank you
this should have come with your FD...

gSporco

by gSporco

overl0ad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:22 am

this should have come with your FD...
The plastic "L" piece did, but not that rubber wire wrap/cover that was posted above in the link..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Anyone using different cassette sizes on the same bike? Looking to run 11-30 most of the time but want to be able to swap to an 11-34 for frequent trips to mountainous roads. I’m wondering if setting the chain length for an 11-34 without the need to use a shorter chain for 11-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damond

by damond

kode54 wrote:

I lost all of them and I'm not sure when I lost them. Maybe they simply popped off on a rough ride?
Yes, i lost all of mine as well. I believe i lost them while washing the bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

damond wrote:
kode54 wrote:

Yes, i lost all of mine as well. I believe i lost them while washing the bike.
I found 2 of the four grommets. Must’ve come off as I was cleaning the bike. Probably brushed up with a cloth and caught an edge and pulled them off. No coincidence that it happened to all 4.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc