Colnago E64 E-Bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

What is weird is the C64 look in a monocoque frame. That will be sad if the next C series is monocoque.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilwil

by wilwil

I think its good to have E Bikes that look like proper road bikes but I wish they hadn't modelled it on the C64. I think thats a marketing mistake by Colnago and they've damaged the image of the C64. Oh and over 60 is not the time for an E bike if you are fit and healthy.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

It’s a growing market and they should sell these easily, so good on them. Designing it as a fake looking knockoff monocoque with painted on lugs is an interesting spin on their flagship model though

Broady

by Broady

Never sure why they always have some young pro looking guy on the advertising for these bikes.

kgt

by kgt

Because it is part of the marketing as well. The buyer always wants to look cool, "like a racer" even if one is not fit enough to ride a 3% climb.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i see many ebikes nowadays. the people on them love passing riders, as if it was through their own effort.....i am sure the e64 will sell, but it is not in my interest. i don't think i will ever get an ebike, even for commuting.

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

My only issue with the e-bikes is when people start to take top spots on Strava riding them. I have the same issue with people placing on segments when using Zwift, etc. There really should be a separate category.

I do think it would be fun and amusing to show up to one of my hill climb group rides with an e-bike and laugh as I just walk away from everyone due to the extra boost :)

AJS914

by AJS914

I see older guys in my club who no longer ride with the group on Saturday because it's too strenuous. I would not begrudge them an extra 100 watts so they could show up and have fun even if they pass me on the hills. They would still be slower than the 400 watt cat 1s that show up on our group ride.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

AJS914 wrote:I see older guys in my club who no longer ride with the group on Saturday because it's too strenuous. I would not begrudge them an extra 100 watts so they could show up and have fun even if they pass me on the hills. They would still be slower than the 400 watt cat 1s that show up on our group ride.
Trust me, they’re probably having more fun now. Image
Ton of e-bikes out there for sure. I don’t want one, and have no problem with it really, but a lot of them seem like inexperienced riders which makes things a bit more dangerous. On more than one occasion I’ve been buzzed within inches as they pass me on a busy road with both of us on the shoulder. Didn’t even know they were there. A bell or even an “on your left” would be much appreciated. Would just take one random swerve or arm reach back to my jersey pocket for something at the wrong time and bad things could happen if you’re not aware of them passing you at just the wrong moment.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Lewn777 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm
OK, OK, if you are old and/or disabled then ebikes make sense. Eventually when I'm even older and if Planet Earth hasn't become the same as Venus I might get one.

But urrggh. What a waste of components that could have been used on a proper bike. But at least it hasn't got Campagonolo Bora Ultras on it to rub salt in the wound.

I've got a motorized bike in my Garage that can put out 50,000 watts, it's called a Kawasaki.
You're kidding right?

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Good looking e-bike. But very draggy when you hit the supported speed limit.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

kgt wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:33 pm
I have nothing against e-bikes. I just cannot see the point of having a 15kg e-bike with aggressive geometry, carbon frame, high profile carbon wheels and drop handlebars. It is like having a car that looks like a Ferrari but with a 100hp engine. What's the point? Just to look cool?

What's the point of a Ferrari anyway? 100hp is fine for the 50mph speed limits on most UK motorways at present. It is fine for 70mph too. In the town 20mph, 30 mph etc.... so what is the point?

cchesebro

by cchesebro

I think it makes sense as long as the person riding it like it.

As long as they're riding a bike!