Shiv di2 wiring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

I just see the new pdf for di2 wiring I nave a 2016 shiv model and I need to go to di2 update ! In the photo you can see the RS 920e put in the frame ! Do I have to drill my frame ? Any help welcome Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

rainerhq

by rainerhq

I think its better to go this route:

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

rainerhq wrote:I think its better to go this route:
You mean this routing

πατα τραβα ρε

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Routing can vary, but I mean you can´t drill 20mm hole in your frame.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

rainerhq wrote:Routing can vary, but I mean you can´t drill 20mm hole in your frame.
Thanks for your answer! Do you know how many drill I have to make ?

πατα τραβα ρε

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

None. The point of the second diagram is to show that you don't need to drill your frame. All of those Junction B's should just drop stright into the frame, no drilling required.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Ew90b how the cables came out ? Drill the seat post ? And how do I get access to frame to put jc41 ? I know that I have canals for derailleur! Any help is welcome

πατα τραβα ρε

rainerhq

by rainerhq

With my Trek Speed Concept I had to drill the seatpost.

I use only one JC41, which drops straight into the seattube.
Last edited by rainerhq on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Thanks my friend

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

How to put the wire there ?

πατα τραβα ρε

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I did the di2 mod to my 2016.. its pretty easy really... I did alot of googling of Tinkoff Shiv TT bikes, and Tony Martins bikes to get ideas...

In the end, we drilled a hole in the top of the seatpost, my EW90 is sitting at the back of the seat out of site with velcro.. If I want to charge, I just pull it off the velco and insert charger to port...
Battery is in the post with the shiv seatpost battery kit (needed to purchase seperately since bike is non Di2)
Cable guides for F/R mechs need to be removed... I just tugged on them hard and they broke free...
Next you need to cut an opening in the face of the upper headtube behind where the stem will fit to allow all the wiring in there from the front end..
I also needed to cut away some of the back of the stem to make room for the wires to run into the frame, and I cut two small openings to allow the bar end shifter wires in to the stem..
The brake lever/shifter wires all run internally within the basebar, and pop out in the middle of the stem.. those di2 shifter wires run into an ew90 in the hole you cut in the frame.. (best thing to do is feed the wires in and work from the bottom of the headtube, with the fork out there a PILE of room in there, its all open) The bar end shifters, I am using the ski bends, so I run the cables internally from the shifter end to the insertion point of the mount on the risers, notched a small hole in aerobar and popped the di2 cable out the bottom.. I then run those cables down the risers (just electric taped) then those cables on each side run into the 2 small holes cut on the side of the stem and through the back into the hole and into another ew90... those are all chained together then to another ew90 in the BB area which is also connected to the f/r mechs... yeah it sounds like alot, but its not "that bad" my front end is disassembled to a point right now (aerobars off) I'll get some pics tonite and post what I did to mine.... just remember to wrap all those ew90s in foam wrap or something... when you hit bumps in the road its annoying as %%%% when they ping off the carbon....

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Thank you so much you make my day

πατα τραβα ρε

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

miltmaster3 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:58 pm
Thank you so much you make my day

No prob.. the other thing with mine is I left the rear brake cable with the default routing.. so leave that hard cable guide alone unless you want to internally route the rear cable as well trhough the back of the stem... I just looked at as its going to be a major PITA if I need to change a rear brake cable and housing to dig in there.... its doable for sure and cleaner, but in my opinion, wasn' t worth the headache when new cable is required..

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:52 pm
I did the di2 mod to my 2016.. its pretty easy really... I did alot of googling of Tinkoff Shiv TT bikes, and Tony Martins bikes to get ideas...

In the end, we drilled a hole in the top of the seatpost, my EW90 is sitting at the back of the seat out of site with velcro.. If I want to charge, I just pull it off the velco and insert charger to port...
Battery is in the post with the shiv seatpost battery kit (needed to purchase seperately since bike is non Di2)
Cable guides for F/R mechs need to be removed... I just tugged on them hard and they broke free...
Next you need to cut an opening in the face of the upper headtube behind where the stem will fit to allow all the wiring in there from the front end..
I also needed to cut away some of the back of the stem to make room for the wires to run into the frame, and I cut two small openings to allow the bar end shifter wires in to the stem..
The brake lever/shifter wires all run internally within the basebar, and pop out in the middle of the stem.. those di2 shifter wires run into an ew90 in the hole you cut in the frame.. (best thing to do is feed the wires in and work from the bottom of the headtube, with the fork out there a PILE of room in there, its all open) The bar end shifters, I am using the ski bends, so I run the cables internally from the shifter end to the insertion point of the mount on the risers, notched a small hole in aerobar and popped the di2 cable out the bottom.. I then run those cables down the risers (just electric taped) then those cables on each side run into the 2 small holes cut on the side of the stem and through the back into the hole and into another jc41... those are all chained together then to another jc41 in the BB area which is also connected to the f/r mechs... yeah it sounds like alot, but its not "that bad" my front end is disassembled to a point right now (aerobars off) I'll get some pics tonite and post what I did to mine.... just remember to wrap all those jc41s in foam wrap or something... when you hit bumps in the road its annoying as %%%% when they ping off the carbon....

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Some parts has arrived

πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com