Shiv di2 wiring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Many thanks to all of you for your help ! And a big thanks to my mechanic bob !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

CrankAddictsRich wrote:If you need more detail pics of my bike... here is the write up I did with lots of pics.

and a few pics of the bars.

Thank you my friend

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

So only 2 small holes on base bar ! We keep all canal as it is just a small hole on the canal from the frond derailleur to pas the cable from battery rear derailleur and frond -> all that came out on frond and connect to juckion in the handlebars

πατα τραβα ρε

orange

by orange

hi - just bumping (hijacking !? :wink: ) this as I'm just building up an shiv TT frameset.

I notice some of these builds like Rich's above
and
https://www.velonews.com/2015/07/tour-d ... hiv_376022
and
https://www.bikeradar.com/features/pro- ... t-gallery/

have the rear brake cable hidden - I assume it goes out of the back of the stem but didn't really want to drill a big hole/slot in the frame. Any clue as to how to route like this ?

plus it also looks like they added some kind of cable adjuster for the front brake on Tony Martin's Shiv

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

orange wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm
hi - just bumping (hijacking !? :wink: ) this as I'm just building up an shiv TT frameset.

I notice some of these builds like Rich's above
and
https://www.velonews.com/2015/07/tour-d ... hiv_376022
and
https://www.bikeradar.com/features/pro- ... t-gallery/

have the rear brake cable hidden - I assume it goes out of the back of the stem but didn't really want to drill a big hole/slot in the frame. Any clue as to how to route like this ?

plus it also looks like they added some kind of cable adjuster for the front brake on Tony Martin's Shiv
My bike was originally a pro bike that had been used by the Specialized Lululemon team... when I got it, it had already been drilled for Di2 use, so I dind't really have to go through the debate of should I or shouldn't I. you are correct, that the brake cable and Di2 wires all stay under the stem top cover and exit out the back, through a hole/slot that's been drilled in the corresponding location in the frame.

When I built up my bike, I had a lot of looks at those pics of Tony Martin's bike... I didn't realize it then, but now, being much more familiar with my bike, I see that Tony's bike had a custom stem. It is shorter then standard but not 3rd party because it clearly fits the proprietary Specialized base bar. The aero extensions are not stock either.

orange

by orange

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 pm
My bike was originally a pro bike that had been used by the Specialized Lululemon team... when I got it, it had already been drilled for Di2 use, so I dind't really have to go through the debate of should I or shouldn't I. you are correct, that the brake cable and Di2 wires all stay under the stem top cover and exit out the back, through a hole/slot that's been drilled in the corresponding location in the frame.

When I built up my bike, I had a lot of looks at those pics of Tony Martin's bike... I didn't realize it then, but now, being much more familiar with my bike, I see that Tony's bike had a custom stem. It is shorter then standard but not 3rd party because it clearly fits the proprietary Specialized base bar. The aero extensions are not stock either.
thanks for that Rich - your's is a great looking bike

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Thanks... TT State Championships this weekend. Let's hope she puts me on the top of the podium again. :)

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I modded mine from brand new...heres what I did...
First the derailleur cable guides need to be broken free from the top entry points in the frame and the exit points... I just used a large drill bit and turned it by hand and it broke the glue free, then pull them out..
I drilled a hole in the top of the post and have my EW90 velcroed under the seat..
Up front bit more of a PITA.. you will need to cut a slot in back of the stem to feed all the wires in.. I also ended up having to shave some of the stem back as well..
The brake lever di2 wires can all be run internally inside the handlebar, they pop out in the middle. just run them down the middle channel with the brake cable.. for my bar end shifters, I ended up taping the wires to the vertical risers once they come out the bar, and then I cut a small hole on either side of the stem, and I feed those in from the sides and through the middle.. I see rich goes from the top.. in the end, same thing is accomplished.. I attached some pics...