Shoe Cleaning Tips?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I swear this thing works like magic on my bianca/bianca Sidi. Just spray and wipe.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/kiwi- ... 02-product

kgt

by kgt

froze wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:21 am
kgt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm
froze wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

DON’TS
•Do not wash in washing machine or spray clean.
Unless you have a washing machine with 'sport' shoes' cycle.
I have washed different expensive cycling shoes and running shoes in my washing machine. All came out like new. No issues at all.
Did the site I gave say "unless you have washing machine with 'sport' shoes' cycle? I reread to make sure and nope I don't see that written anywhere.
I just posted what my experience is and I trust my experience more than the instructions on a random site. Manufacturers always want to make sure that you will not ask them for a refund if something goes wrong. That is why they are always proactive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

froze

by froze

kgt wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:55 pm
froze wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:21 am
kgt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm
froze wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

DON’TS
•Do not wash in washing machine or spray clean.
Unless you have a washing machine with 'sport' shoes' cycle.
I have washed different expensive cycling shoes and running shoes in my washing machine. All came out like new. No issues at all.
Did the site I gave say "unless you have washing machine with 'sport' shoes' cycle? I reread to make sure and nope I don't see that written anywhere.
I just posted what my experience is and I trust my experience more than the instructions on a random site. Manufacturers always want to make sure that you will not ask them for a refund if something goes wrong. That is why they are always proactive.
It wasn't a random site, it comes direct from SIDI website about the care of THEIR shoes; if don't follow THEIR instructions and your warranty would be voided.

Since there are other people reading this stuff I will post another manufacturer of cycling shoes care instructions for Bontrager, see page 6: https://trek.scene7.com/is/content/Trek ... _FR_DE.PDF

Obviously they are your shoes, you can do whatever you want to to your shoes, but I'm going to follow the manufacturer's recommendations if they have included them with the shoe, and the two shoe companies are shoes are brands that I own, and I have a feeling that information might be consistent across manufactures, so I am ONLY going to recommend for others that might be reading this is to follow their manufacturer's care instructions, and some manufactures MIGHT even say throw them in the washer, but do not follow someone elses instructions on the internet who claims how to do something...let me repeat myself...follow your manufacturer's care instructions.

kgt

by kgt

I have Sidi wire shoes and I know their instructions. I will not claim any warranty if I ruin my shoes by putting them in the washing machine of course. I don't even advice anyone not to use the instructions. I am just writing about my experience.

Again, manufactures want to have peace of mind, that is why they have all those strict guidelines. No washing machines, no strong detergents, no sprays, just sponge and water (and, sorry, you cannot clean shoes with sponge and water).
In reality a spray or a brush or a careful wash in the machine (especially in a sport shoes program) will not harm most cycling shoes.
This is my experience from many years of cycling. I guess that you have never used a washing machine for your sport shoes that is why you are afraid of it.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:I have Sidi wire shoes and I know their instructions. I will not claim any warranty if I ruin my shoes by putting them in the washing machine of course. I don't even advice anyone not to use the instructions. I am just writing about my experience.

Again, manufactures want to have peace of mind, that is why they have all those strict guidelines. No washing machines, no strong detergents, no sprays, just sponge and water (and, sorry, you cannot clean shoes with sponge and water).
In reality a spray or a brush or a careful wash in the machine (especially in a sport shoes program) will not harm most cycling shoes.
This is my experience from many years of cycling. I guess that you have never used a washing machine for your sport shoes that is why you are afraid of it.
This is what I call bacteria party !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε