FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Sock3t

by Sock3t

How do these compared to FSE's?

sworkser

by sworkser

sebejo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:02 pm
Good review with German thoroughness;) - looking forward for the ride impressions

Only thing is I think you upscaled the weight as math works out to 100g lighter:
698+722 = 1420g
my fault, it is corrected right now! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Sock3t wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm
How do these compared to FSE's?
Pretty sure FSE's rims are made by Farsports. Farsports Alps series OEM rims are available with a 3K twill finish and have pretty much identical specs to FSE's rims. Just built up a pair yesterday and they look pretty great!

g32ecs

by g32ecs

deepakvrao wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:16 am
g32ecs wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 am
Ive had around 4 wheelsets from OEM manufacturers (currently using YOELEO) and had no issues with any. I even took one on a vacation in Nice (did a loop going to the Madone) with 1400m of climbing and the wheelset survived the descents.

Nice wheelset.
Going to Nice next month. Interested in that ride that you did. Do you have a map of it?
I literally just followed the coast from Nice and climbed the Madone from Menton (the Lance Armstrong/Team Sky testing route). You can climb Col D Eze first then make your way to Menton.

You can also follow the coast to San Remo and climb the Poggio

Dont forget to say hi to the pros. I waved to a Sky and a BMC rider on the same day (this was like 3rd-4th wk in July so they weren't in the TDF teams)

primoz75

by primoz75

nickf wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:29 pm
I'm eagerly awaiting a tracking update from Sandy for the set I ordered a week or so ago. Sandy was great to deal with and changed my invoice a few time for me, I was being indecisive. It's nice to see more positive reviews of these wheels. I went with a drilled rim bed for easier servicing if it's ever needed. I would have gone for DT hubs but I have had good luck with novatec in the past. Below is my build list.

FSC35-CM-28TSL
700C full carbon tubelss(with Holes) rim 35mmx28mm, UD
Matte, 24H/24H, External nipple holes, NO brake surface

Novatec D411 D412 SP Disc hub, Straight pull, 6-bolt,
Shimano 11S, 12*100 front, 12*142 rear

Sapim CX-ray spokes, black
Sapim sils nipples, black
hi. did u recieved the wheels? How they are? :)

Thinking to buy almost the same set.

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

primoz75 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:38 pm
nickf wrote:
I'm eagerly awaiting a tracking update from Sandy for the set I ordered a week or so ago. Sandy was great to deal with and changed my invoice a few time for me, I was being indecisive. It's nice to see more positive reviews of these wheels. I went with a drilled rim bed for easier servicing if it's ever needed. I would have gone for DT hubs but I have had good luck with novatec in the past. Below is my build list.

FSC35-CM-28TSL

RE: Re: Re: RE: 40mmx30mm Road disc brake Tubeless Wheels with Novatec 411/412 hub
Reply from nick fazzio

Wheels arrived today. They mounted up and look great. Thank you for all your help. Posted some pictures on my Trek Checkpoint build on weightweenies. Ill post more on the farsports thread once I get some miles on them. Thank you again!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Last edited by farsportssandy on Tue May 07, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickf

by nickf

primoz75 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:38 pm
nickf wrote:

FSC35-CM-28TSL

Wheels have been flawless so far. Excellent build and weight as claimed. 1387g with 2 wraps of stans tape. I put around 300 miles on them so far and no issues, sounds, nothing. Round and tru out of the box. Nice and stiff to boot even at 35mm deep. I have some conti gp4000s for road duty, they went on without levers. They did take around 100 psi or so to finally fully snap into place, tubeless ready rims. So just double check when mounting that the bead is even all the way around on both sides. They really changed the way my checkpoint rides. Responsive and snappy when out of the saddle. No proper gravel miles on them yet but that will change soon. Shipping was around 9 business days all the way to Florida. Sandy ( sandy@farsports.cn ) was also a pleasure to work with, even though I changed my mind a few times during the process. I will most definitely be purchasing wheels from farsports again.

I got nothing from farsports to review this, just my honest review and experience.

jencvo

by jencvo

Any experience in how the compare to Light Bicycle wheels? I've been running a set of those, put about 2000 km on them, raced on super rough road and cobbles even yesterday and the wheels so far have been great. Not sure how they compare to Farsports though.

primoz75

by primoz75

nickf wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm
[
nice wheels. But they would be for road or gravel use?

nickf

by nickf

primoz75 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 am
nickf wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm
[
nice wheels. But they would be for road or gravel use?
These wheels will see both road and gravel. I went with the 28mm wide rim to pair with larger 40c+ tires. This is my so-called travel bike so I wanted a wheelset that could do it all. Will be taking it to ride Rebecca's Private Idaho and putting it through its paces. I was going to go with their wide hookless gravel rim but wanted to run road tires at higher pressures. Will be getting some dirt miles on them soon enough, not concerned about the wheels at all being able to handle it.

nickf

by nickf

jencvo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 am
Any experience in how the compare to Light Bicycle wheels? I've been running a set of those, put about 2000 km on them, raced on super rough road and cobbles even yesterday and the wheels so far have been great. Not sure how they compare to Farsports though.
I have no experience with Light Bicycle. My other carbon wheels are both Bontrager Aeolus wheels. I can say these feel stiffer out of the saddle than my set of Aeolus 3's. Extra spokes on the farsports wheels definitely help in that department.

skyboy

by skyboy

This is what the Rim brake version looks like

Weight 1500g with Novatec 291 482 hubs and Sapim CX-RAY spokes

Wheels run straight and true right out the box so far so good :thumbup:

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

Some pictures from RideNow Club, the adventure riding to Tibet. Road condition is really tough, they got the 45mmx28mm tubeless gravel bike wheel built with White Industry disc hub, which proves to be super strong and stiff. They said they were impressed by the quality.
Attachments
Riding to Tibet
Riding to Tibet
45mmx28mm gravel wheels
45mmx28mm gravel wheels
To Tibet (2).jpg
微信图片_20190516162444.jpg

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Wow! Reading this thread has made me very interested in purchasing a set for myself as a daily. How will they withstand a clydesdale like myself? I weigh 95kg.

skyboy

by skyboy

wolfesquire wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm
Wow! Reading this thread has made me very interested in purchasing a set for myself as a daily. How will they withstand a clydesdale like myself? I weigh 95kg.
Should be ok, all their wheels have max rider weights of 100kg -110kg. You could contact them for advice, as standard they come with 24 spokes on the rear but you may be able to request 28 spokes which would make the wheel more durable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com