ZTTO 11-36T(235g), 11-34T(228g), 11-32T(216g) 11s cassettes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

My 11-32 just arrived. It is 215g, but I won’t be using it until my new frame arrives in a month or two.

addictR1

by addictR1

anyone tried it with eTap? how was it?

by Weenie

Methodical

by Methodical

Based on many forum threads I've seen people consider cassettes wear items so at $63 just buy a couple sets if longevity is your concern.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Trek Emonda SLR (Rage Red) - 6.27kg
'12 Trek Madone (Black) - 6.96kg
Fujee Espree (Maroon) - 11.02kg

addictR1

by addictR1

Yup I don’t mind buying a couple.. just wanted to make sure there’s no shift quality or noisy with etap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooo

by ooo

Any loong term feedback on shifting quality?
'

Stendhal

by Stendhal

ooo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:10 am
anyone can share long term feedback on shifting quality?
Not long term, because, sadly, the ZTTO 11-32 installed to work with Force 22 mechanical on my new bike had terrible performance while shifting to and from the middle cogs, and I replaced it after 3 rides with SRAM Red. I don’t think it was due to poor installation because a bike shop installed the ZTTO and I, an amateur, installed the SRAM, which has performed well (although not as good as with eTap).
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 (6.39 kg), Cervelo Aspero (7.87)
Retired: LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10 \ F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2, R3, R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

C36

by C36

Was that the half steel, half aluminium? Was the Shifting problem on the Al side?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Stendhal

by Stendhal

C36 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:36 am
Was that the half steel, half aluminium? Was the Shifting problem on the Al side?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I’m leaving on a short vacation / business trip soon but if I have time I’ll check further because I was interested in that myself. If not now, when I return.

PLUS: here’s a Weight Weenie special. When I return, if you or anyone else wants the ZTTO, to see maybe if it can work on a different setup, I have a great offer: free! Just pay the postage. I can’t in good conscience sell it, or even give it away to a local free bike repair charity. Just send a message, or write back here, etc. I can’t act on this until I return mid-month, but if you can wait it’s yours.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 (6.39 kg), Cervelo Aspero (7.87)
Retired: LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10 \ F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2, R3, R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

Discodan

by Discodan

It's interesting to see that you've had a poor experience. I have exactly the same cassette which I'll be building up onto my new supersix later in the month so I'll report back on performance

NickJHP

by NickJHP

addictR1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:02 am
If so would a wifli mid cage support the 36t? Or is that wishful thinking?
I have a gravel bike with eTap and WiFli RD, and it copes with an 11-36 cassette no problem. Chainrings are 42-29.

d36

by d36

I've had a few ztto cassettes now.

I think manufacturing tolerances are not as good as sram/Shimano etc but hey it's light and 1/2 the price.

I had some trouble with an 11-46 but it seemed to sort out after use (maybe teeth were worn down slightly = better shifts)

XD versions are more fragile around the freehub teeth (not 100 percent on exact wording here).

I'd buy them again.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

A friend has the 11-36. Works ok. Weight is spot on.

If you're used to perfect shifting maybe you'll be disappointed but if you're ok with "ok" shifting those cassettes work fine.

He had one slight problem with running di2 and it's that the chain was riding the teeth of an alloy cog. I think they are slightly thicker and so the indexing is crucial to get just right to avoid rub/riding teeth. Works ok now but it doesn't take much of an offset to get problems.

Also the smallest alloy cogs are going to wear out first. It's quite noticeable. If you spend a lot of time in the small chainring or you're a low cadence rider/heavy/out of saddle climber, then you will experience poor life out of these cassettes.

The plus side is that you might be able to swap out just the alloy block after it's worn out, at a discount (one would hope).

ZTTOSam

by ZTTOSam

HI, guys, I'm from ZTTO company, a customer recommended that we should pay more attention to the voice of this forum, so we came, thank you all, We just saw your review, it's very helpful, we'll keep improve our products, if you have any problem with our product, please tell me, I can help you to solve the problem. also you can contact us in aliexpress ZTTO official store :) It’s faster to get a reply from the store. BTW, we have a big sale at 11/11, don't miss it. maybe I can set a coupon for this forum user?Just wait for me to learn how to send pictures........

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Welcome ZTTO! Any plans for road cassettes that start with a 10T sprocket? 11-speed XD Driver cassettes with a spread around 10–28/30/32T would be perfect on a secondary tarmac wheelset for gravel/cross bikes with smaller chainrings. Preferably with an all steel construction or at the most only the largest sprocket in aluminium.

rlanger

by rlanger

ZTTOSam wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am
HI, guys, I'm from ZTTO company, a customer recommended that we should pay more attention to the voice of this forum, so we came, thank you all, We just saw your review, it's very helpful, we'll keep improve our products, if you have any problem with our product, please tell me, I can help you to solve the problem. also you can contact us in aliexpress ZTTO official store :) It’s faster to get a reply from the store. BTW, we have a big sale at 11/11, don't miss it. maybe I can set a coupon for this forum user?Just wait for me to learn how to send pictures........
Welcome to the forum.

I have a few ZTTO products in my basket waiting for 11/11. That would be great if you could provide forum users a little extra incentive with a coupon! :beerchug:

by Weenie