Opinions on the 3T Superergo LTD handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

sorry - some brain fade in the post above....clearly there must be some other holes near the shifters right (as i can see your brake cables routing out of the holes near the stem also)? still curious about the wireless box however...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Richlan

by Richlan

Yes thre is holes at the lever, wireless can go in the bar end upstream of the bar end unit, personal preference.

ds240

by ds240

mikebuf73 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am
thanks

are there any holes in the bar other than the ones you have pictured near the stem? if not, I understand that would mean having to route the cable from the bar end all the way around the drops and up to the holes in picture right - was that a breeze? finally, why have you kept the wireless unit outside of the bars? my plan is to certainly have this inside the bars, just in line and 'upstream' from the bar end junction, was there not enough room for you to do that, or was it your preference to have the wireless unit outside of the bars for some other reason?

thanks
Mike
You’ve got the holes pictured, holes at the hoods and of course the bar ends.

On the unblocked bars, feeding the cables through was easy enough.

Regarding the wireless unit, I think at the time I recall reading that shimano don’t recommend it inside the bike. However I’ve got it in the seat tube of the Venge and it works fine.

It did/does bug me as it looks a bit clunky. I think I will take steps to change it and put it in the bar ends. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be able to fit, but it could be tight.

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

Cheers mate. They're awesome looking bars and comfy as hell by all accounts. I'm just checking with the retailer to confirm the ones I want are indeed 'unblocked' as they say the bars are the 2019 version and I know there have been previous iterations that weren't unblocked.

Thanks again.

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

mikebuf73 wrote:
thanks

are there any holes in the bar other than the ones you have pictured near the stem? if not, I understand that would mean having to route the cable from the bar end all the way around the drops and up to the holes in picture right - was that a breeze? finally, why have you kept the wireless unit outside of the bars? my plan is to certainly have this inside the bars, just in line and 'upstream' from the bar end junction, was there not enough room for you to do that, or was it your preference to have the wireless unit outside of the bars for some other reason?

thanks
Mike
There are two more holes, one by each shifter. The wire from the bar-end juction box can be routed, internally, through the drop.

I recommend getting the Park Tool IR-1.2...it will make your life much less stessful.

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 pm
mikebuf73 wrote:
thanks

thanks
Mike
There are two more holes, one by each shifter. The wire from the bar-end juction box can be routed, internally, through the drop.

I recommend getting the Park Tool IR-1.2...it will make your life much less stessful.
:thumbup:

machadok1

by machadok1

Hello,

I already bought and installed the 3T Superergo but the team version. It matches my bike really well and found it at a good price. Replaced all inner cables/housings and, although it took some time to route, everything is now working with mechanical/rim DURA-ACE 9000.
I tested it without tape to some adjustments and, without a doubt, it's very very comfortable handlebar!

pnk

by pnk

arg* wrong button ...

saba

by saba

Can the internal cable routing of the 3T Superergos take both a mechanical shift cable and a hydraulic brake line?

Ten8ious

by Ten8ious

The Superergos can fit mech shift and hydraulic brake lines (shimano). I ran the hydraulic line first which was easy enough since it is quite flexible. Unforunately my shifter housing was super stiff and even using the shift cable to help guide it is was a pain in the butt to get through. I can confirm the short piece of super flexible housing that comes with the R8000 derailler threads through like a dream but i needed full length housing for my build and was stuck with stiffer housing at that length.

I prevously built up a full mech with the ergonovas and it was an equal PITA so they didnt make any improvement in the newer generation unfortunately. A 2mm larger hole at the shifters would make a world of difference!

Filans

by Filans

Does anyone know what the actual center to center hood width for the 400mm superergo is ?

Erwin

by Erwin

380 mm at the hoods, 400mm at the drops. Newer 400mm LTD weigh 200g.

VvM

by VvM

I've ordered the 380mm and measured 380 C-C at the hoods and 400 C-C in the drops. As per their specification.

Getting the bar installed next week and will post a review after. Interesting comments from my mechanic when I told him I got this bar as he was dreading the internal cabling... apparently 3T notorious for "poor" internal cabling but he said he will get it done.

Erwin

by Erwin

Man, you are right. My post above is totally rubbish. 400mm Superergo bar is 400mm at the hoods and 420mm at the drops. I also ride Supergos LTD bars with 380mm. My first Aeronova LTD has the same measurements (380/400mm) and is sold as 400mm. But 3T has changed their measurings a while ago.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VvM

by VvM

I recently got the Superergo (carbon) 380mm's (C-C) installed. Was on 420mm before. Great upgrade and very happy I went down this path. So far the experience has been great, for me they're narrower (after a bikefit recommendation) which has been great but also the shape is very comfortable. Done a few long rides (>120km) on them now and zero numb hands and less achy shoulders. Had my mechanic change them as I am running hydro and Di2 bar end box and he would be better suited to get a good result rather than me messing it up. He's not a fan of the internals of any 3T but he got it done and looking great.
I haven't used a lot of other bars so don't have a lot to compare with but I am def not disappointed at all and super happy with getting this installed.
Only "downside" is that there is less room for a computer-mount; a standard Garmin mount doesn't fit for me so using a thinner K-edge (pictures don't have a mount installed yet)
Attachments
48A8BA65-109E-41E3-B24E-EDCC379A7D12.jpeg
522EA896-316D-4803-9E55-6BBF5F2BFBD3.jpeg