Opinions on the 3T Superergo LTD handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

What have actual weights been like for those of you who have purchased them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeMomo

by LeMomo

My 42cm LTDs weighed in at 185g with the liners still in. Really nice bars, I’ve only taped the tops as far as the corners, as a long time MTBer and early adopter of wide bars, riding on the tops feels strange to me, but the corner grips work really well.
3546087A-462F-4581-88F5-AD654BB7FDCF.jpeg

moyboy

by moyboy

40 cm Superergo LTD stealth = 173g

sennder

by sennder

Just got my 3T Superergo LTD bars, and 4 hours later, they're on the bike. I decided not to replace the inner cables (not too much use on them) so routing them through took a while (especially the crimped up front derailleur cable).

First off, after all the reviews complaining about the internal routing, it turned out to be a breeze. The bars had two plastic liners routed between the two shifter entry ports. I routed 4 small lengths of shifter inner cable through each shifter entry port and respective exit port. Then, I pushed the shifter outer cable through the shifter entry port, using the short length of shifter inner cable as a guide. Pushing the outer cable out through the exit port was a bit challenging, but a small screwdriver easily plucked it out. Did the same for the brake outer cables and the bars were ready for the bike.

Reach is noticeably shorter than my Bontrager XXX bars. The corners are definitely the best part. Just from 5 minutes on the trainer, I can tell that these bars are going to be super comfortable. Shifting and braking is smooth as ever. I was able to push and pull on the outer cables easily while installing the shifters as well.

--Sennder

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

sennder wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 am

Reach is noticeably shorter than my Bontrager XXX bars. The corners are definitely the best part. Just from 5 minutes on the trainer, I can tell that these bars are going to be super comfortable. Shifting and braking is smooth as ever. I was able to push and pull on the outer cables easily while installing the shifters as well.

I find the external radius is more important than the shape of the internal bend from tops to ramps. This is why I ended up hating my XXX...the bend is so sharp on the outside, it's not a comfortable resting spot as a hand position in between the tops and hoods. It also makes contact with my wrists with my hands in the hooks/drops.

Going from XXX to Superergo is going from one extreme to the other. The ergonomic differences aren't subtle.

owlbass

by owlbass

I just got these bars and trying to determine what to do with Campy 12 speed mechanical. Obviously, routing internal would be the best aestheticall but would there be any decrease in shifting performance? I'm debating just running the cables and housing external. Thoughts?

sennder

by sennder

owlbass wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 pm
I just got these bars and trying to determine what to do with Campy 12 speed mechanical. Obviously, routing internal would be the best aestheticall but would there be any decrease in shifting performance? I'm debating just running the cables and housing external. Thoughts?
I saw no performance difference at all with internal routing (Shimano R8000 mechanical/rim). You could route the cables underneath the tops since they are pretty flat but internal really is the way to go.

--Sennder

Gary71

by Gary71

Can someone tell me how to get the Di2 bar-end to work?
I have a 3T Superergo but I can't seem to route an internal Di2 cable around the bar drops.
Can anyone confirm if this is possible or are the internal routing blocked in the drops and I am waisting my time....
LeMomo seems to have done it in the picture he attached.
The bike build has come to a grinding halt :cry:

liam7020

by liam7020

Gary71 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:43 pm
I have a 3T Superergo but I can't seem to route an internal Di2 cable around the bar drops.
Can anyone confirm if this is possible or are the internal routing blocked in the drops and I am waisting my time....
Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm looking at a set of Superergo Ltd bars but before splashing the cash I'd like to be sure I can run cables from the Di2 bar end box. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work but given your post I'd just like it confirmed. Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

DDX

by DDX

Yes you can, takes a while to get the cables in/arround the bend.

Gary71

by Gary71

I was unsuccessful in my attempts to feed a cable through the bar ends.  I cannot say if my bar was an exception to the rule or if I didn't try hard enough, but I ended up going with some Enve SES aero bars (more weight  :( ), but tried and true ergonomics & quality.
I do plan to take them into work and have the technical guys push a mini camera into the ends to identify the hinderance.

Caveat emptor 

reedplayer

by reedplayer

another weight: 40cm/169 gr.

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

liam7020 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm
Gary71 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:43 pm
Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm looking at a set of Superergo Ltd bars but before splashing the cash I'd like to be sure I can run cables from the Di2 bar end box. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work but given your post I'd just like it confirmed. Cheers.
Yes, you can run Di2 wires through them...it's not exactly easy, but it can be done. I found that running a brake cable through first, and using it as a guide (then taping Di2 wire to the barrel end), works the best. The hydro lines were a test of my patience, as well...

But, when it's all said and done, they are fantastic bars and well worth the effort. Here's a photo of mine
_P2A7547.jpg

machadok1

by machadok1

Hello,

I want to exchange my 3T Ergosum 44 cm for a 42 cm 3T Superergo LTD, but I have some doubts.

1) Has anyone installed the cables internally and do you know if it is possible to keep the Dura Ace 9000 mechanical transmission and rim brakes in decent operation with these bars? Installing cables externally, how does it look? This handlebar has no grooves, right?
2) Also to confirm, Ergosum 44 cm have 44 cm in hoods and 44 cm in drops. On the other hand, Superergo 42 cm have 42 cm in hoods and 44 cm in drops, correct?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mortirolo

by mortirolo

1) Has anyone installed the cables internally and do you know if it is possible to keep the Dura Ace 9000 mechanical transmission and rim brakes in decent operation with these bars?
Perfect with campagnolo SR11 and SR12, but with DA, I don't know.
Installing cables externally, how does it look?
Not too good, I guess...
This handlebar has no grooves, right?
Yes.
2) Superergo 42 cm have 42 cm in hoods and 44 cm in drops, correct?
Yes or maybe 41,5 and 44.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)