Campy compact crankset question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

Those two are basically the same thing with different fixation on the spindle. I haven't tried PT2 but if it works as it's meant to it should be easy to install and uninstall. I have the Potenza UT chainset. It is very easy to work with and gives no hassle. The only real negative I'd put against it is that after a year of use the black finish on the crank is wearing where my shoe brushes against it. I can live with that.

Last year after many years on 175 I tried a 172.5 chainset cos it was a deal. Conclusion: I didn't notice any difference from 175.

morrisond

by morrisond

Get the Ultra Torque - it's a great system and all you need is an 10mm Allen Key Socket to install - Super Easy and IMO best crank/BB system out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

I ordered the new Potenza Ultra-Torque 175mm cranckset online. Delivery was today and I found it was a HO version although the website stated it as regular cranckset. The HO version is a hydraulic disc brake optimized version with the chainrings positioned 2.5mm further outboard of a bike’s centerline than is found on a rim-brake bike (according to Cyclingtips). My bike is rim-brake.
Is this something to worry about or should I continue installing it?
I found out most websites have HO versions in stock but regular 175mm 50-34 black versions are hard to find at an affordable price.
Last edited by Roel W on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miller

by Miller

This is really not worth worrying about.