SRM PC8 Device Agent iOS app released

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

johnrho

by johnrho

Saw the Instagram post from SRM on this but couldn’t find it on AppStore - had to google it.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pc8dam/ ... 34481?mt=8

Uses Bluetooth to connect to the PC8. Uploading to Strava, Today’s Plan, etc. is so much easier and faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bas

by bas

Faster would be good, wireless upload is a half day process
My PC8 has something rattling inside it, still works ok but I’m guessing not for long ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

The app downloads the activity to the phone and then uploads - for reference a 60min TrainerRoad session took ~1min to transfer from the PC8 to my iPhone then literally 20secs to upload to Strava, TrainingPeaks and Today’s Plan. It looks like the .fit file is stored on iCloud. The bad thing is you can only transfer/upload one activity at a time - pain in the ass IMO and hopefully will be changed in the next update.

Also, once you transfer the activity to the iPhone you can do click ‘Chart’ which allows some analysis visually - not sure how it compares to the app on the iPad since I haven’t used that app before.

bespoke

by bespoke

Mine rattles as well - seems to work; but as you say it cannot be good in the long run !
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

micky

by micky

On the fb page of Srm Italia there's a short video uploaded today where they explained that Apple has a limit for data transfered via bluetooth and they had no choice on it.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

App is awesome, it's been fun watching it progress over the beta. Unfortunately due to iunjury I haven't been able to use if for the past couple of weeks, but last time I used it it was simple and painless. The only downside is the speed, but this is an apple issue.

As for the graphs there was discussion about what sort of data to show on the app, consensus seemed to be that basic info on the app is good enough until you get a chance to look at it in TP/SRMX/GC/etc...
bas wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:25 am

My PC8 has something rattling inside it, still works ok but I’m guessing not for long ...
Has your internal speaker stopped working? Same thing happened to me. I had to send it back and the screen was replaced.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Just 2 questions for macbook users.

I've just installed the app on my macbook and there is a problem with Home point settings. If I press that the app stops and I have to resart again. It has something to do with the locations in safety and privacy and I can not turn it on there because it isn't there ???? On my iMac I have the same app and I can set locations turned on because it is there..really strange. Also I can set my home settings on the iMac and that works fine.

Another strage thing is that when I close the app ( macbook and iMac ) all settings are gone ( and I mean ALL ) such as name - bike profile :evil:. Good thing is that I stored it to a file so I can pick the file when starting again the app.

I can not try it with the PC8 because I suspect it will arrive this next week.

johnrho

by johnrho

PinaRene wrote:Just 2 questions for macbook users.

I've just installed the app on my macbook and there is a problem with Home point settings. If I press that the app stops and I have to resart again. It has something to do with the locations in safety and privacy and I can not turn it on there because it isn't there ???? On my iMac I have the same app and I can set locations turned on because it is there..really strange. Also I can set my home settings on the iMac and that works fine.

Another strage thing is that when I close the app ( macbook and iMac ) all settings are gone ( and I mean ALL ) such as name - bike profile :evil:. Good thing is that I stored it to a file so I can pick the file when starting again the app.

Is the PC8 plugged into your MacBook when you run the app? What you’re describing is the default behaviour when the PC8 isn’t plugged in.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

johnrho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 pm
PinaRene wrote:Just 2 questions for macbook users.

Is the PC8 plugged into your MacBook when you run the app? What you’re describing is the default behaviour when the PC8 isn’t plugged in.

Thnaks so far , but question 1 still stands.... No location options on the Macbook, And Locations YES on the iMac , even without the PC8.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

So you don’t have the PC8? Sorry didn’t understand what you wrote.

The app is behaving as expected - you need the PC8 plugged in and the app will read the config that is saved on it.