Cockpit help

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
BigPoser

by BigPoser

I'm working on a build right now and I will be getting Deda components. I have a Superleggera seat post, and was thinking of the Superleggera bars and stem however I like the look of the Superzero stem much better.

Will the Superzero stem look out of place with the Superleggera post and bars?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

by Weenie

PinaRene

by PinaRene

BigPoser wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
Nope , I think it looks good, but I have the Superzero bar/stem combo and Superleggero seatpost.

3Pio

by 3Pio

PinaRene wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 am
BigPoser wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
Nope , I think it looks good, but I have the Superzero bar/stem combo and Superleggero seatpost.

Sorry for a bit OffTopic, i start using SuperLeggera bar, and is best bar in term of shape/comfort i ever had until now.. I have some problems with carbon imprints from the stem using Fizik Cyrano R1 stem (and beeing on torque specs). Under warranty im getitng new bar but with condition that i have to use Deda Superleggera stem as well (i allready ordered since i wanted to match the bar so not a problem).

What torque specs u use on ur handlebar/stem connection?

And how u are satisfied with Deda seatpost in term of weight, comfort and how easy is to adjust the saddle? And what torque specs u use there as well? Is this 27.2 mm seatpost? (if im satisfied with Deda Superleggera cocpit after stem arrive, i'll replace my Colnago Seatpost with Deda Superleggera)

Thanks a lot

PinaRene

by PinaRene

3Pio wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am
What torque specs u use on ur handlebar/stem connection? And how u are satisfied with Deda seatpost in term of weight, comfort and how easy is to adjust the saddle? And what torque specs u use there as well?

Thanks a lot
@ 3Pio - Torque specs on handlebar / stem is 3.8Nm with some carbon friction paste. No imprints at all, not even on the seatpost although this is a metal frameset.. Seat post collar is on 2.5Nm and is okay, even on cobbles with my 70Kg. Comfort is very good with this seatpost in combination with the Berk saddle, and saddle to seatpost torque is 4.5Nm.
Last edited by PinaRene on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

vdarth

by vdarth

I also have Superleggero seatpost and I am considering buying Superzero stem and carbon superzero handlebar, last year model not the new one.

Is there a big difference in Polish on black and black finish? Is black finish more gray?
Seatpost is POB finish and i am afraid if I order black finish there will be significant difference in color.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPoser

by BigPoser

PinaRene wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 am
BigPoser wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Thank you that is quite nice. The Superzero stem looks much better than the Superleggero to me. I might have to give it a go.

3Pio

by 3Pio

PinaRene wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 am
3Pio wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am
What torque specs u use on ur handlebar/stem connection? And how u are satisfied with Deda seatpost in term of weight, comfort and how easy is to adjust the saddle? And what torque specs u use there as well?

Thanks a lot
@ 3Pio - Torque specs on handlebar / stem is 3.8Nm with some carbon friction paste. No imprints at all, not even on the seatpost although this is a metal frameset.. Seat post collar is on 2.5Nm and is okay, even on cobbles with my 70Kg. Comfort of the is very good with this seatpost in combination with the Berk saddle, and saddle to seatpost torque is 4.5Nm.

Thanks a lot.. I just got my new Deda Superleggero Stem and in 110mm is 120gm. Look very elegant i have to admit.. Also got Superleggera Handlebar replacament, and i can see some differences from the old one (which i bought it just two months ago, but there was some indents in stem area). On replacament version there is 6-8 nm printed on hoods clamping area, also i can notice that gritty area is higher then the one i bought month ago... Im a bit suprised with low torque specs u use for ur seat post collar.. On my bikes have to use 5nm to dont have slipping (CAAD12 with Save Seatpost and C60 with Colnago seatpost)

Probably will order Deda Superleggero seatpost as well, since have to admit hadlebar/stem combo look very elegant....

PinaRene

by PinaRene

vdarth wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:17 pm
I also have Superleggero seatpost and I am considering buying Superzero stem and carbon superzero handlebar, last year model not the new one.

Is there a big difference in Polish on black and black finish? Is black finish more gray?
Seatpost is POB finish and i am afraid if I order black finish there will be significant difference in color.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know - only to see in real life. I had the Deda Superzero handlebar without the Di2 hole ( 2016 I guess ) at the bar-end and that handlebar was really gloss. Removed with grid 1200 the Superzero logo at the top and polished it afterwards. So I've ordered myself another one, this time with the Di2 hole ( Model 2017/2018 ) on handle bar-end. But this handlebar came in matt while it couldn't be seen on internet photo's. Superzero logo was also not removable because of the matt paint it got. Tried to get the side logo of the handle bar so I could see if it would work, but it came out like a mess. See the difference in gloss or matt between the handlebars.

Also removed the 3T logo's on the stem.

vdarth

by vdarth

Thank a lot.

I will order black one, it doesn’t look too gray on your pictures.

I have one more questions, sorry...

What is the distance between two lower faceplate bolts, center to center? 27mm?

I will order Fetha mount for superzero stem

https://www.fetha.com.au/product-page/n ... nium-mount

Thanks in advance

by Weenie