di2 setup with non bluetooth version

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wintershade

by wintershade

Hello --

I have the "older" non-BTLE version of Di2. My junction box is version SM-EW90-B. I'm trying to figute out how to pair it with my iPhone or computer so that I can change the programming of the buttons. My bike is a 2018 Canyon Speedmax SLX (DuraAce Di2) TT bike. Can someone please provide some step-by step instructions of how to pair my Di2 system with something (anything)?

As an aside, I'm so over Canyon. Their prices are competitive, bu they just cut corners. How is it that the brains of my brand new $10K bike are the old, non-Bluetooth unit. And of course, since this is a highly integrated superbike, the batter is not user-replacable so I can't even uprade the bike to the new BTLE version.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Get yourself the SM-BCR2 battery charger (which you'll need to charge your battery anyway) and with that plugged into the junction box you'll be able to do all you want with your PC and the ETube software. The bluetooth hookup can be touchy with DI2 and this way, in my experience, is just as easy and is more reliable.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

wintershade wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Hello --

I have the "older" non-BTLE version of Di2. My junction box is version SM-EW90-B. I'm trying to figute out how to pair it with my iPhone or computer so that I can change the programming of the buttons. My bike is a 2018 Canyon Speedmax SLX (DuraAce Di2) TT bike. Can someone please provide some step-by step instructions of how to pair my Di2 system with something (anything)?

As an aside, I'm so over Canyon. Their prices are competitive, bu they just cut corners. How is it that the brains of my brand new $10K bike are the old, non-Bluetooth unit. And of course, since this is a highly integrated superbike, the batter is not user-replacable so I can't even uprade the bike to the new BTLE version.

Thanks!
Your information is not correct.... The Dura-ace Di2 you have on your bike is the current and newest version of Di2 and is bluetooth compatible, As long as you have the correct parts. You need the Shimano EW-WU111 bluetooth/Ant+ transmitter receiver. Your bike may have the standard battery or it may already have the bluetooth compatible battery depending on when it was made. I find it hard to beleive that the battery is not user re-placeable.... it is in the seat post, correct? This is the bluetooth compatible battery.

I can definitely understand your frustrion, but depending on when your bike was made, you might have had the latest and greatest at that time. I built my TT bike at the end of 2017 and the bluetooth stuff was literally fresh on the market.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

wintershade wrote:Hello --

Thanks!
Just ordered a canyon and they have confirmed that the battery will is the BT 110 which is BT compatible. Also planning to shift the battery's from downtube to the seat tube. Just need to remove the BB

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

dricked

by dricked

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 am
wintershade wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Hello --

Thanks!
Your information is not correct.... The Dura-ace Di2 you have on your bike is the current and newest version of Di2 and is bluetooth compatible, As long as you have the correct parts. You need the Shimano EW-WU111 bluetooth/Ant+ transmitter receiver. Your bike may have the standard battery or it may already have the bluetooth compatible battery depending on when it was made. I find it hard to beleive that the battery is not user re-placeable.... it is in the seat post, correct? This is the bluetooth compatible battery.

I can definitely understand your frustrion, but depending on when your bike was made, you might have had the latest and greatest at that time. I built my TT bike at the end of 2017 and the bluetooth stuff was literally fresh on the market.
There’s 2 different internal batteries, if it isn’t the BT but the SM version than it doesn’t matter if you add the EW unit as it won’t work. Actually if you add the EW unit with the old battery the system won’t work at all.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

You're confused about what I'm saying... I'm not saying he only needs the EW unit. He needs both, but he may in fact have the correct battery depending on when his built was actually built by Canyon. He needs tot ake the bike apart and see... or have someone hook it up via the PC port to see which model it is. If he already has the correct battery, then all he needs is the EW unit, if not, then he needs both.... either way, there's no reason why his current set up couldn't be configured to run the bluetooth setup.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dricked

by dricked

Didn’t read your post carefully enough, sorry. I now see you mention the battery.