Any Canyon Endurace Di2 owners here? Some help with the wiring please.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

Hi Guys,

Just ordered one of these, and I had a couple of questions.

1. Is the rear junction box in the down tube near the battery, or in the seat tube?
2. What would the length of the wire [that comes stock] be that connects the battery to the rear junction box

Reason I need to know, is that I plan to shift the battery location to the seat tube or the seatpost [with a new hollow seatpost], and need to know if I need to buy another cable?

Lastly, with Di2, is it just that all the components need to be connected to each other, and not that each has a specific connection on the junction box?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeguy0

by bikeguy0

Battery is bolted in the Down tube near the bottom bracket as well as junction box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

bikeguy0 wrote:Battery is bolted in the Down tube near the bottom bracket as well as junction box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. I want to shift the battery to the seat tube. Is there enough space around the BB to run the wire from the battery to the junction box?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

benzebub

by benzebub

hello, sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm looking for the axle to crown length on the canyon one one four SL fork (endurace fork).
I've asked Canyon countless times but it seems they do not want to disclose this info (they send all kinds of measurments except the one I need)
But I could be wrong

marioc

by marioc

On one one four SLX forks (Endurance 2017 model) front axle length (without head) is 118mm as far as I can remember. Thread length is 10mm and the washer is flat. Thread pitch is 1mm.
I can measure it later today.

marioc

by marioc

deepakvrao wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 am
Thanks. I want to shift the battery to the seat tube. Is there enough space around the BB to run the wire from the battery to the junction box?
Did you mean seatpost, not seat tube? I moved the battery into the seatpost and there is a lot of space in BB to run wire and reposition junction box (SM-JC41).

benzebub

by benzebub

marioc wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:30 pm
On one one four SLX forks (Endurance 2017 model) front axle length (without head) is 118mm as far as I can remember. Thread length is 10mm and the washer is flat. Thread pitch is 1mm.
I can measure it later today.
Hi,

thanks! I acctually mean the length from the center of the axle to the bottom of the head tube (fork legs length if that makes sense).

In case you have the H31 ergo cockpit, is it perhaps possible to measure the stack height? (height of the piece that attaches to the steerer tube)
But I could be wrong

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

marioc wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm
deepakvrao wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 am
Did you mean seatpost, not seat tube? I moved the battery into the seatpost and there is a lot of space in BB to run wire and reposition junction box (SM-JC41).
The Canyon seatpost will not be able to take the battery as it is a split seat post, so, I want to shift the battery to the seat tube. As long as I can run the wiring around the BB, I'm Ok. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Which bike do you have?

marioc

by marioc

benzebub wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm
Hi,
thanks! I acctually mean the length from the center of the axle to the bottom of the head tube (fork legs length if that makes sense).
Oh, OK, my bad :) So, fork length (steerer tube crown to thru axle center) is ~386mm
benzebub wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm
In case you have the H31 ergo cockpit, is it perhaps possible to measure the stack height? (height of the piece that attaches to the steerer tube)
~42mm

marioc

by marioc

deepakvrao wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:43 pm
The Canyon seatpost will not be able to take the battery as it is a split seat post, so, I want to shift the battery to the seat tube. As long as I can run the wiring around the BB, I'm Ok. Thanks for the info.
I'm not sure how you'll fix the battery in the seat tube. I changed seatpost, as S15 VCLS 2.0 flexed too much for my taste.
I bought 2017 electric Endurance CF SL frameset.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

What would be the point of moving the battery…? :?:

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

marioc wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:16 pm
deepakvrao wrote:
I'm not sure how you'll fix the battery in the seat tube. I changed seatpost, as S15 VCLS 2.0 flexed too much for my taste.
Planning to wrap the battery in foam and leave it loose in the seat tube. Hook it out with a spoke when needed.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

MayhemSWE wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:30 pm
What would be the point of moving the battery…? :?:
This will be a bike that I travel with. New rules on 28th Feb prohibit any battery in checked baggage. Some people have already been asked to remove di2 batteries. Impossible to remove the downtube battery for every flight.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

marioc wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:16 pm
deepakvrao wrote:
Thanks. I might do that too if I don't like the canyon post. Which did you get?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

marioc

by marioc

I got Deda Superleggero RS. It's not the lightest seatpost out there, but it's not an anchor either.