EPS Review.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tabl10s

by tabl10s

2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

TonyM

by TonyM

Sounds good !

(Even nicer would be to able to use the V4 internal interface with a 11sp V3 setup)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Groupsets on the top end really are stellar. There are no dogs. Sadly, the prices remain astronomical.

jmechy

by jmechy

RocketRacing wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Groupsets on the top end really are stellar. There are no dogs. Sadly, the prices remain astronomical.
The rough price for SpaceX to launch 1kg to orbit is $4640. The group is quoted at $4327 for the rim version at 2.25kg. So, it's quite literally about half way to astronomical.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

"Rear shifting isn’t what I’d call exceptionally quiet or quick. As compared to the 12-speed mechanical groupsets, EPS seems to lag behind, especially once you get past that 7th (17-tooth) sprocket. Shifting down the cassette to smaller sprockets is noticeably smoother, but still not as snappy as you’d expect from a premium product."

Sorry, but for what it costs, every aspect of operation should be completely flawless.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ive got rim and db groups on order from Europe, and can tell you I paid no where near the suggested retail prices.. shop around, there's literally 200 euro differences just between Super Record cranksets all over the net... regarding the slow shift... if theres one thing Ive learned from internet reviews.. take em with a grain of salt...

morrisond

by morrisond

rides4beer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 pm
"Rear shifting isn’t what I’d call exceptionally quiet or quick. As compared to the 12-speed mechanical groupsets, EPS seems to lag behind, especially once you get past that 7th (17-tooth) sprocket. Shifting down the cassette to smaller sprockets is noticeably smoother, but still not as snappy as you’d expect from a premium product."

Sorry, but for what it costs, every aspect of operation should be completely flawless.
I wonder if the reviewer nows that you can go into the MyCAMPY app and change the shift speed? It might have been set on slow.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

morrisond wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm
rides4beer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I wonder if the reviewer nows that you can go into the MyCAMPY app and change the shift speed? It might have been set on slow.
Excellent point, and probably not... instruction manuals are optional guidance only these days (like turning signals on a car) :lol:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

At least with EPS v3, the default setting was at its fastest last time, and only time, I checked.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Calnago wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 pm
At least with EPS v3, the default setting was at its fastest last time, and only time, I checked.
Yep, you are correct! Who knows if this guy went in though and started f bombing with settings though.. the way he was talking you could make one shifter do everything, so who knows if they were messing around and demonstrating the functionality... oh well, guess I'll find out in a few months!

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Sign me up!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You actually can make one shifter do everything. Electric configurability is a huge thing for those they may be disabled etc. but still able to ride if they could just control everything from one side etc.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The thing that sells me with electronics is the lack of service it needs. I literally stopped riding my bike last year. The people I ride with are not slow so if you are not on your game, you might as well stay home.

I know that you must keep the Camaganolo battery topped up or you may have damage. That is all I have done for about a year and a half. All I had to do on my first ride was to air up the tires. The SR11 EPS shifted flawlessly, just like it did when I put it away. There is no way this would of happened on my SR11 mechanical.

And yes, I really suck on a bike. A real poser. Watch out! Fat man riding!