Most comfortable light seatpost 31.6mm

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StanK

by StanK

Wookski wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am
TimF wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 am
Wookski wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 am
Darimo. Game over.
Is this comfortable, I can see it's very expensive and light?
As comfortable as any carbon post I have used (McFK, Schmolke, Enve, 3T etc) and under 90g
I have planed to drop some weight with new seatpost, I ordered Climax SP03 (OK, I know, it isn't in range of above mentioned), installed it and after 10km realized that it's worse than my original Ghost seatpost. And very soon after that I realized that is so much worse than I can't ride more than 20-30km. So, off it goes. Very thin walls btw. I don't know it's only because of that, or it is bad design generally.

I considering Darimo for a long time (for weight reduction and because Ghost seatpost started to creak, on climbs, after re-paint) but I cannot make up my mind because I have fear ... What if seatpost wouldn't suit me well and cost that much?

I'm very sensitive to seatposts, almost abondoned cycling because of them, and didn't even aware to that until just few years ago. I tried few saddles to avoid problem with my sitting bone pain on right side after 20-30km, and in despair I bought some very cheap seatpost and problem is gone, almost entirely.

Here I didn't find not a single bad word for Darimo, which give me some reasurance, but ...
So, anyone with any real problem with Darimo, or just subjectively didn't like their seatpost and get rid of it for any of that reason?
Sorry for slightly off topic but I think it's not that much off :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

as comfort is you most important priority, why don't you install a sleeve and a light 27.2 post? Will be a little heavier, but will be a lot more flexible and comfortable.

StanK

by StanK

Sorry, my bad. I actually use 27.2, that is part is off-topic. :oops:

I don't want any extra comfort (Ghost original is enough comfy, for example), just "normal" comfort, let's say that way.
I actually also considering Ritchey Superlogic and Deda Superzero (yes, I know, all very different money anbd weight, but all has it's advantages and disadvantages) and that would probably be safest option regarding "normal" comfort, but if I can get super light seatpost with that "same normal" comfort, then I will go for it.

So, can 100g seatpost can be as confi as 200g? Some logic say it can't, but as I say, I didn't find any words about Darimo not be comfi. I'm really torn here.

Terrordact

by Terrordact

jlok wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:17 am
Following. I'm using 3T Zero 25 Team 350mm at 227g uncut. Comfortable but unlight.
That exact seatpost came on my bike. The seat angle moves constantly, it is a huge headache, the bike shop replaced it under warranty it was so bad. Unfortunately the one it got replaced with was a porker, so I ordered the Zipp sl speed post. 172 grams, installing it Sunday.

jlok

by jlok

It's been fine on my bike, which have been to some really bad surfaces. While it works fine, I still fancy a Darimo. Will confirm to get T1 or T2 after bike fit.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Terrordact wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 pm
jlok wrote:
Following. I'm using 3T Zero 25 Team 350mm at 227g uncut. Comfortable but unlight.
That exact seatpost came on my bike. The seat angle moves constantly, it is a huge headache, the bike shop replaced it under warranty it was so bad. Unfortunately the one it got replaced with was a porker, so I ordered the Zipp sl speed post. 172 grams, installing it Sunday.
When you say "the seat angle moves constantly" do you mean the clamp doesn't hold securely, and slipps? Or do you mean that the post has so much flex that rather than appreciating the comfort over bumps you dislike the bouncing?

Terrordact

by Terrordact

TheKaiser wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 am
Terrordact wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 pm
jlok wrote:
When you say "the seat angle moves constantly" do you mean the clamp doesn't hold securely, and slipps? Or do you mean that the post has so much flex that rather than appreciating the comfort over bumps you dislike the bouncing?
The clamp doesn't hold securely and slips. New post put on yesterday, going for first ride today.