Cannondale SuperSix vs Canyon Ultimate vs Giant TCR vs Trek Emonda vs Cervelo R5 vs Focus Izalco vs...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rick222

by rick222

stoney wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am
peted76 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:10 am
Karvalo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 pm
amngwlvs wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:02 pm
I was at the local Giant dealer chatting about a new TCR next year with the owner and he's not convinced it will be happening. I asked why they wouldn't do it on what is their flagship model considering they've done big refreshes on the Defy and Propel (stems, fully internal routing, etc) and his reply was "because it's the perfect race bike. There's a reason the pros still ride it as is and it sells out every year".
Hehe, that's funny, since all the chat from Cervelo is that Sunweb ditched Giant because Dumoulin wanted an allround race bike more aero than the TCR, and Giant weren't interested in developing anything the pros were asking for.

Not saying either is 100% true, just an amusing contrast.
I'd imagine that's not even 1% true.
Dumoulin won the Giro on a TCR, the thought that he'd have enough influence to see off their multi million dollar main sponsor is absurd.
Dumoulin's team is the only Pro Tour team without a win this season. Cervelo certainly hasn't helped them more than Giant.
Isn't that the truth, plus their TT's are lacking a bit from last year

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com