Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I used soapy paper towels to check for leaks at the bead and noticed the staining too. The outer coating is certainly not just ink, it's a very thin rubbery layer with lots of imperfections. Honestly feels like it's sprayed on and maybe that creates a fine texture that rubs off easily.

Jugi

by Jugi

I mounted a pair of Vittoria Corsa Control G2.0 TL 25's and didn't notice anything mentioned above about the sidewalls. The tire casing does feel nice and supple compared to Schwalbe Pro Ones, for example.

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Jugi wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm
I mounted a pair of Vittoria Corsa Control G2.0 TL 25's and didn't notice anything mentioned above about the sidewalls. The tire casing does feel nice and supple compared to Schwalbe Pro Ones, for example.

Did you wet the sidewalls/bead?

Jugi

by Jugi

Not really, but I had Orange Seal in there while inflating. I'm pretty sure that helped the process, as the tires weren't particularly straight forward to seat. I like the brute force, no hassle -method: valves off and pressure blasts with a compressor until they gain some air tightness and beads lift into place.

Mounted them on a pair of LB RRU65C02s and I got the impression that the Corsas very a little loose fitting. Almost as easy as a standard clincher to get over rim's sidewalls, and needed some massaging (+ sealant sloshing around) to get the beads to seat. The beads needed about 100psi to completely seat (one tire exactly 100psi, I didn't make a note of the other but pressure was high) but I'm assuming that's a feature of these rims, not of the tire's.

jlok

by jlok

Update to Corsa TLR 25c and Rubino Pro TLR 28c on Racing Zero Carbon db after just 670km.

Got a big puncture by a screw so I needed to remove it. The Rubino Pro TLR is extremely tight to remove. Spent half an hour to push the beads but to no avail. Hair dryer trick got one bead loose finally but didn't work on the other bead. Finally cut the bead carefully to let loose...... I don't think I'd use Rubino Pro TLR on my rims again.

The Corsa TLR eats sealant for bf. Used ard 30mL oragne seal at the beginning but the sidewall started to leak after 650km. It's easier to remove tho. I think I will try Pro One addix next time.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I have ~2100mi on my 30mm Corsa Control G2.0 TLRs and the rear center ribbing only just disappeared. Should still have decent life left in the tread. Very impressed with the endurance of the rubber compound. My gen 1 Corsas lost the center ribbing at around the 1300mi mark.