Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Thias

by Thias

Installed on Dt swiss arc 1100 dicut disc 62mm. 17mm int, I almost sweat more by trying to mount these tires on my wheelset than this morning by riding my bike on 90 kms.

I finaly got to install those tires but now I hop I'll never have to repair a puncture on the side of the road...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zefs

by zefs

Are you guys chasing the beads around the tire? Mine installed by hand on 17mm Mavic's.

cveks

by cveks

Thias wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:00 pm
Installed on Dt swiss arc 1100 dicut disc 62mm. 17mm int, I almost sweat more by trying to mount these tires on my wheelset than this morning by riding my bike on 90 kms.

I finaly got to install those tires but now I hop I'll never have to repair a puncture on the side of the road...
same happened to me

I wa unable to mount tires on my wheel

They look like too short in diameter

I went to my mechanic and he finally managed to mount them with help of little screwdrivers

He scratched one rim braking surface in process

After that I thought same thing, I will never.be able to repair flat tire on ride by myself.

I will be forced to call mt wife or taxi to give me ride to home.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Some test ride make me wonder.
Between
Conti 5000 25c front 28c rear.
and
Vittoria Corsa G2.0 25c front 28c rear.

They handle different. Vittoria being more stable and require a bit more persuation to make the bike turn. The conti set-up is noticeably easier to lean and turn.
Front tire of Conti set-up is noticeably narrower, but it also seems taller. I wonder if this is the cause of different cornering feel. Or is it the higher grip (ground friction) that make turning require more force?
Last edited by Hexsense on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RossLB

by RossLB

I installed a pair on my Fulcrum Speed 40Cs yesterday. They were quite difficult to get on compared to my usual tyres (Vittoria Open Paves, of which I have quite a stockpile). But they still went on without having to use tyre levers, so far from impossible. I'm sure after a few hundred kilometres they will be a bit easier.

zefs

by zefs

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:26 pm
Some test ride make me wonder.
Between
Conti 5000 25c front 28c rear.
and
Vittoria Corsa G2.0 25c front 28c rear.

They handle different. Vittoria being more stable and require a bit more persuation to make the bike turn. The conti set-up is noticeably easier to lean and turn.
Front tire of Conti set-up is noticeable narrower, but it also seems taller. I wonder if this is the cause of different cornering feel. Or is it the higher grip (ground friction) that make turning require more force?
Maybe the reason is that higher tpi tires like Vittoria need more air pressure in general so even if you use the same psi on both there will be a difference. I wouldn't use higher psi than stated on the rim for tubeless though.

Thias

by Thias

cveks wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Thias wrote:

same happened to me

I went to my mechanic and he finally managed to mount them with help of little screwdrivers

After that I thought same thing, I will never.be able to repair flat tire on ride by myself.

Let's hope the tires will stretch a bit with time... Now I also hope they will perform as good as they look !

cveks

by cveks

I got like 300kms on my no problems and I am fast...

Tomorrow I will climb to my nearby mountain with them. Roads are not so good in that area but these tires are doing good for now.

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

cveks wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Thias wrote:

same happened to me

Screwdrivers?? To mount tyres?? I'd find a new mechanic.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

1. Buy set of cheap used aluminum wheels
2. Buy set of dh tire levers (if you relay struggle with mounting tires)
3. Install new tires on cheap aluminum wheels and pump to 7,5/8 bar
4. Reinstall it to your expensive carbon wheels set

Now you have a new set of tires that can be changed even on the side of the road without some dodgy methods.

Thias

by Thias

IvanZg wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

Now you have a new set of tires that can be changed even on the side of the road without some dodgy methods.
I'll try that.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

IvanZg wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

My lawyer will be sending the litigation paperwork very soon.. fell OFF my chair (pride injured) this early am reading a post filled with common sense and logic.

We'll settle for more of SAME..........

Well done.. keep up the good work. :thumbup:
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

hkgmatt

by hkgmatt

Thias wrote:
I thought it was just me (on Roval CLX32). I've never had more difficulties mounting a tyre than this.

RossLB

by RossLB

I had a flat today two days after installing the Corsa 2.0s. I had no real problem mounting them on my Fulcrum 40Cs, without having to use levers. Marginally tighter than usual, but didn't take all that much effort.

Thias

by Thias

hkgmatt wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am
Thias wrote:
I thought it was just me (on Roval CLX32). I've never had more difficulties mounting a tyre than this.
For a moment, I even thought I had made a mistake by buying the Tubeless ready version, but the corsa's don't come in para sidewall in TLR. Maybe it comes from the wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com