Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

They're definitely already at discounted prices ;)

https://r2-bike.com/VITTORIA-Tire-Corsa ... ransparent
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

ichobi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:22 am
RocketRacing wrote:Apparently the new corsa tubeless have been used by a few pro teams the last few months to lots of success. Apparently very low crr, and very good handling.
Is this just by checking the result sheets or you heard teams talking about it?
There is a thread in slowtwitch about flanders tire pressures. Josh p of silca works officially with bora and ef, and unofficially with much more of the pro peleton. He said that vittoria gave each team in the entire peleton two sets of corsa tlr tires to try. Success has been so widespread that they have recieved an almost mythical status in the peleton in the last two months (race results and rider perception... that second part is the trick!). And we are talking tubeless, not tubeular. He said the tubeless are apparently much faster. The caveat is that they are apparently not 100% production versions.

Also note that EF won flanders this year, and sagan won roubaix last year, and was 4th this year. Also, kristoff ruined his flanders this year with a silly narrow tire choice that caused pinch flats in the pave. Apparently there are always a few big teams/riders making old school choices (higher pressure and narrower is faster) to their own deterement.

When smart people are willing to give free info, I jump on it. He said he can’t talk about individual team pressures, but the pressure info teams are sharing with the media is purpousfully crap in hope of misleading others.
Last edited by RocketRacing on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

I see, I should go read that. I also find that teams willing give away tire pressure for Flanders and Roubaix are somewhat dubious given that it used to be the thing they take with them to the grave. UAE mechanic specifically pointed out Kristoff's pressure and all.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

RocketRacing wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm
And we are talking tubeless, not tubeular. He said the tubeless are apparently much faster.
While I'd believe the story overall, I can't put any faith in this statement. Every rolling resistance tests we've ever seen put tubeless and standard clincher (+ latex tube) within 1W of each other; if they're further apart, it's because the clincher has been tested with butyl.

Then again, of course, I can't wait to see the Graphene 2.0 independent rolling resistance tests, been checking the relevant sites almost daily :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

zefs

by zefs

My guess is the the Corsa TLR will be on par with GP5K, but maybe not at the same air pressure. Anyone has max psi for the new Corsa TLR?

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

zefs wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm
My guess is the the Corsa TLR will be on par with GP5K, but maybe not at the same air pressure. Anyone has max psi for the new Corsa TLR?
I agree they will be in the ballpark. My reading is that pro perception of the new corsa performance was anither factor... but it also sounds like they have proper performance chops.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

mrlobber wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm
RocketRacing wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm
And we are talking tubeless, not tubeular. He said the tubeless are apparently much faster.
While I'd believe the story overall, I can't put any faith in this statement. Every rolling resistance tests we've ever seen put tubeless and standard clincher (+ latex tube) within 1W of each other; if they're further apart, it's because the clincher has been tested with butyl.

Then again, of course, I can't wait to see the Graphene 2.0 independent rolling resistance tests, been checking the relevant sites almost daily :D
You may be right on the latex part (not much between latex/clincher and tubless for the gp5000).. but i think the pros were using the tubeless. I presume vittoria did not distribute clincher options to the pros.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

zefs wrote:
130psi. You can see it in my pic on previous page.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner here.

So my benchmark is currently Mavic USTs, before which I rode the GP4k2. For whatever reason, I have always had trouble mounting the USTs on the Mavic Carbon SL-C UST rim, particularly the rear one. Maybe it’s a bit off spec. Bought the Corsa G+ tlr, and mounted a couple of days ago. Impressions:
- Mounting is easier than UST, but required a compressor and a bit of soapy water to seat. No biggie though. Just make sure you have the equipment before you go for these. Actual size is 27mm (vs 25 spec). Actual weights were 290g and 299g vs 290g spec.
- Yes, these are supple. Yes, you can feel it, particularly on the rough stuff.
- I guess it remains to be seen what the RR test shows, but these are not slow. Managed to set a few PBs after putting them on as well as fastest average speed over my standard 32km loop. I would not read too much into that by any means as there can be any number of reasons why I went faster, but, hey, at least I did not go slower, amirite? :wink:
- The most amazing thing is the lack of cuts. UK roads are not good, and in several places my rout has been “repaired” by covering the whole surface with compacted gravel (thereby making them even more unsafe for cycling: no grip). The Mavics on these have cuts after the first ride. These are not always punctures, but can be, and at the end of life on the Mavic tyres I offen had “bleed” pores because there is a small hole and sealant leaks out. On these, even after riding over that gravel crap - nothing. Nothing at all.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

Anyone mounted these to Alforce AL33 rims. Just thinking about fitting them.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

probertsqbe wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Anyone mounted these to Alforce AL33 rims. Just thinking about fitting them.
I think finding people to fit these to every rim is difficult at this point. Just not enough of them in the wild. But my take is that, unlike with the Conti GP5000 TL - which by many accounts are difficult to mount and therefore risky - these tyres are easy. Everyone who's tried them so far on various wheels has had the same experience, which is very encouraging.

You might use levers (I did, but I think I could also have done the front without), or they may just pop on by hand after a bit of slack chasing. The only likely requirement, as I said above, is a compressor: you might not be able to seat them without one. This bit may be a funcion of both size, high bead friction against the inside of the rim and/or low bead flex, as well as construction. When you mount these tyres, the part with thread tends to stay sort of flat (rather than rounded, as when inflated), while the sidewalls gravitate naturally towards the centre channel - so you get a kind of a triangular-ish/sector shape that takes a good blow, and probably some soapy water, to snap out of. Still, with a compressor, I would describe the whole process as very easy, and certainly not to be feared.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I got a set of Corsa Graphene 2.0 clinchers, non-TLR, this week and mounted them on my bike... I'd say they were a touch harder to mount than the previous generation of Corsa G+, but not difficult.

In other news, today, I saw first hand the negative side effects of the Enve wheel/Corsa G+ match up... a buddy of mine has Enve wheels and he's been using the Corsa G+ tires. I told him about the safety warning when it came out, but he wanted to continue riding them... well, today he got a puncture in the rear while we were riding and when we took the tire off, sure enough there was about a 1/2 inch long slice in the sidewall where the rim hook was. He's lucky he got the puncture before the slice put him on the ground.

zefs

by zefs

ryanw wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:11 pm
zefs wrote:
130psi. You can see it in my pic on previous page.
That's a lot for tubeless so I am guessing it's the tubed maximum psi? The tubeless max should be stated, maybe on the paper that comes with the tires.
Unless it's no issue since 320 tpi tires have bigger margin but Vittoria should provide more info. The psi requirements are missing from their website, too.

Anyway, tubeless wheels have lower max psi requirements which must be used, instead of the tire's max.

a20dth

by a20dth

First review I saw.

http://www.cyclesetforme.fr/test-roulem ... d-tlr-2-0/

I'm waiting to Byclicle Rolling Resistance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

biwa

by biwa

What's the true measured width and height of 25mm on 17/18mm internal width rims?