Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
hartmannce

by hartmannce

What Corsa variant would you recommend as a do-it-all tire like GPs 5000TL?
GP5000 is fast, but the sidewall damage is irritating and I don`t want to replace my rear tire each 2k km.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

hartmannce wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:29 pm
What Corsa variant would you recommend as a do-it-all tire like GPs 5000TL?
GP5000 is fast, but the sidewall damage is irritating and I don`t want to replace my rear tire each 2k km.

The plain Corsa and Corsa Control are very close. I would probably just get the Corsa Controls for the extra tread width.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

As this is weightweenies so lighter normal Corsa (not exactly light but Control even heavier) + 25C - it is very wide tyre so it will baloon like some 28C..

jlok

by jlok

Any hint of new Corsa in 2022? I wish the Corsa Control clincher to become lighter by at least 20g while retaining the excellent wet/cornering ability.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

fizzaz

by fizzaz

jlok wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:14 pm
Any hint of new Corsa in 2022? I wish the Corsa Control clincher to become lighter by at least 20g while retaining the excellent wet/cornering ability.
Sure, I wish every tire was the fastest and also the most puncture-resistant as well :roll:

What would making them lighter by 20g even accomplish? They are already the normal Corsa with a slightly wider tread, that's the only difference.

jlok

by jlok

Calm down, it's just a wish. I'm not the mfg so why should I have the know-how?

Put it the other way, if they can't improve the weight by that much, better keep the product as is. Also my wish ;)
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Any user experiences with the new Corsa NEXT yet?

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Waiting to wear out my current set then will be putting either the 30s or 32s on for the winter. Everything I've seen makes me very very hopeful for these tires.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

fizzaz wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:23 pm
Waiting to wear out my current set then will be putting either the 30s or 32s on for the winter. Everything I've seen makes me very very hopeful for these tires.
Yep, they do sound promising.
Hopefully, they won't be much slower than regular corsa's... they're currently leading the voting on BBR so it shouldn't be too much longer before we have an idea.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Well, there's a long line of tires that won the vote but review is still coming soon.
So, BRR review in October would be my guess.

alanyu

by alanyu

I've ordered a pair of Corsa NEXT TLR from bike components as backup. I will mount them after GP5000 S TR (f) or Pzero Race TLR (r) wears out.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Also keen to see how the N.EXT's perform as they sound like a viable winter tyre.

cajer

by cajer

Does anyone have experience running the cords speed as a front tire on their non TT bike? If so how many miles does it last?

bobones

by bobones

cajer wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:20 am
Does anyone have experience running the cords speed as a front tire on their non TT bike? If so how many miles does it last?
I ran the Speeds for a couple of summers on my road bikes. Rears would wear quickly (~1000 mi) and puncture frequently, but the fronts would almost never puncture and last around 3 times as long.

Leon

by Leon

I'm also getting a pair of N.EXT in 26mm clincher in tomorrow. Going to pair these to a set of Bora WTO's on my Look. Now running a pair of Rubino Pro Speed in 25mm btw.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com