Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Meyercord

by Meyercord

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 pm
Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 pm
If you’re talking about the v1 corsa I’m inclined to agree with you.
Please Go back and re-read my post.. I'm very specific about which Corsa tires I'm referring to.
You’re right. My bad man.

biwa

by biwa

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:01 pm
I got a chance to put my calipers on the Graphene 2.0 tires and measure them... I have 25's on Yoeleo C50/60 wheels. The wheels are 25mm wide at the brake track and measure 18.5-19mm internal. The 2.0's measured 26mm wide and 24mm tall. I also measured a fresh set of the G+ that I mounted on second bike and they were the same.
Thanks for th stats! Do they expand after a while?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

refthimos

by refthimos

dim wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm
so.... I will wait to see the rolling resistance numbers and if they are much worse than the Conti, I will stick with Conti
There seems to be some murkiness and perhaps even some testers holding their data close to the vest with the new Continental GP 5000 offerings (clincher and TL) as well as the Corsa lineup (for me the two relevant tires are the Corsa Speed G2.0 TLR and Corsa G2.0 TLR).

I wish I had kept track of the various snippets, but here is what I have gathered, not all of it consistent with each other:
  • Inconsistent reporting re: whether Conti 5000 clincher is close to or alternatively, faster than the 5000 TL
  • 5000 TL seems to be accepted as a very fast tire, and possibly the "new GP4000SII," i.e. a tire you can train on but also fast enough to race. In fact, some data indicate that the 5000 TL is virtually as fast as the Corsa Speed G1.0, with far superior wear and puncture resistance
  • Inconsistent reporting re: whether G2.0 tires are measurably faster than G1.0 tires. One tester claims G2.0 tests exactly the same as G1.0. Others have said G2.0 are indeed faster (no magnitude provided to my knowledge). If the former is correct, then that just makes the 5000 TL (and potentially the 5000 clincher) look all the more better, as you have virtually the fastest tire in the world in a relatively robust package. If the latter, then we are back to deciding if it's "worth the risk" to running a Corsa Speed TLR over a 5000 TL.
  • No reported data that I am aware of re: the Corsa G2.0 TLR performance. If the same as G1.0 TLR, then hard to say it's competitive with the 5000 TL unless you believe the Vittoria "road feel" is a thing. But if the Corsa G2.0 TLR is faster than the G1.0 TLR version, then it should be in the vicinity of 5000 TL for rolling resistance and then you have to hope Vittoria has improved puncture resistance or you don't subscribe to the common belief that Vittorias tend to be suscpetible to punctures or you're willing to overlook that in order to obtain that "Vittoria feel."
That's my impression based on what is out there, anyways.
Last edited by refthimos on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

refthimos, regarding the puncture resistance of GP5K TLs...it's really hard to tell based on anecdotal experience. I have experienced two punctures with my GP5Ks since late January. Once was a thin piece of wire they stayed embedded in the tire. When I removed it, only the smallest amount of sealant bubbled out and it sealed instantly. I'd expect any tire to handle this type of puncture. The second was when I ran over a 4cm deep pothole in a race and the tire suffered a "snakebite" on its casing near the bead. That tire was not able to seal, even with a DynaPlug. Again, I think any equivalent tire suffers the same fate.

The one thing I learned is if I want to decrease my chances of flatting out of a race is to just run wider tires. I plan on transitioning to 28mm tires on all my wheels as soon as my current backlog of 25s runs out.

refthimos

by refthimos

When I said it appears that the 5000 TL has "far superior wear and puncture resistance," I meant that in comparison to the Corsa Speed G1.0, a notoriously fragile tire.

If the 5000s are similar to the 4000SII for wear and puncture resistance, I think most riders will be quite pleased with that.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The 5000 has slightly faster wear than the 4000. I’m guessing 15-20%. In my experience the puncture resistance is the same. The 4000 lasts ridiculously long (if you don’t get a big cut). So even the 5000 is considered long wearing and definitely not a race-day only tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Meyercord wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 pm
Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 pm
If you’re talking about the v1 corsa I’m inclined to agree with you.
Please Go back and re-read my post.. I'm very specific about which Corsa tires I'm referring to.
You’re right. My bad man.
No worries... its confusing because Vittoria have used the Corsa name for so many tires with no real clear distinction between them. I never tried the Open Corsa EVO. My experience with Vittoria started with the Corsa G+... I originally bought them to use as race day tires, but found that they had decent enough flat protection that I could run them all the time.... I'll also say that I'm fairly good to my tires. I don't ride them in the gutter where all of the debris builds up. I have had friends try to ride use the G+ as a daily tire and suffer punctures all the time and the only reasoning I can come up with is that they don't pay close enough attention to where they put their tires and they run them through the sh*t in the road. I also used the Specialized Turbo Cotton as race tires, but did not feel they were up to the task of daily riding. I've also used the Corsa Speed G+ on my TT bike, both with latex tubes and tubeless. I'm actually currently running them with latex tubes now. I tried tubeless... it got a puncture during a race, sealed.... only to unseal in my truck on the way home from the race and spray the sealant all over the inside of my truck. I couldn't get that tire to seal again, bought another one and couldn't get that one to seal properly at the bead. At that point, I was fed up with the Corsa Speeds and actually switched back to the Turbo Cottons with latex tubes and subsequently had my fastest MPH on that set up (I was also at my fittest, at that point in the season). I've been using the Corsa G+ as a daily tire in the Spring/Summer/Early Fall for the last two seasons on my two road bikes and I love them... they are fast, grippy and feel great. I suffer the occasionaly puncture, but considering the mileage I do (250-300 miles a week), I don't think 1 or 2 or 3 flats a year is very bad. In the winter, I switch to Rubino Pro's and I find them to be pretty decent.... decent fast, ok grip and good flat protection for the winter months.

I got a set of the Corsa Graphene 2.0's last week and got out for my first decent ride on them yesterday... 45 miles with a fair bit of climbing and descending. So far, they feel suprior to the Corsa G+ in rolling resistance, grip and overall feel. I'm also impressed that after the ride they show no sign of cuts or abuse.... it seems they're a little more durable.
biwa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:01 pm
I got a chance to put my calipers on the Graphene 2.0 tires and measure them... I have 25's on Yoeleo C50/60 wheels. The wheels are 25mm wide at the brake track and measure 18.5-19mm internal. The 2.0's measured 26mm wide and 24mm tall. I also measured a fresh set of the G+ that I mounted on second bike and they were the same.
Thanks for th stats! Do they expand after a while?

I don't know... I've only had them on for a week. What constitues a while? My general experience with Vittoria tires is that they stay true to size. At least I've never noticed any signifigant chage in size. Generally they measure close to size... where as Continental and Specialized tires always seemed to be bigegr than their listed size which proved tricky when trying to figure out what would fit on tight frames
refthimos wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:54 pm
When I said it appears that the 5000 TL has "far superior wear and puncture resistance," I meant that in comparison to the Corsa Speed G1.0, a notoriously fragile tire.

If the 5000s are similar to the 4000SII for wear and puncture resistance, I think most riders will be quite pleased with that.
That is not really comparing apples to apples though.... so many people view the Corsa Speed as a general riding tire and its just not. Just because it is tubeless ready doesn't mean it is suitable for daily riding. It is a TT tire.... that's what it is designed for. The casing is sooo minimal to truly minimize rolling resistance.

Aeo

by Aeo

Is someone able to compare the longevity of the new Graphene 2.0 Corsa/Corsa Speed to Schwalbe Pro One?
Tubeless variant, please.

The last Schwalbe has been disappointing, barely got the rear to 2500 km before it went into the bin. Usually I get 3000 km.
Granted, it is pretty light for a tubeless tyre, but I am looking for something more durable with a reasonable weight penalty.

Weights according to r2-bike are:
Corsa 285g
Conti 5000 305g
Pro One 260g
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Will post my GP5K TL wear pics in the appropriate thread.

dim

by dim

a discussion on the triathlon forum:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slow ... _P6899828/
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

Meyercord

by Meyercord

Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:55 pm
aeroisnteverything wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm
Just to say that after three 10 mile commute rides into London, still zero visible cuts. I am feeling much more confident riding these over the various small bits of stone and other crap on the sides of the road, as compared to Mavics. Handling is also very confidence inspiring - feel "on rails" when leaning into turns. So I think at least anectodally and in terms of perception, the grip is also superior to Mavics or Conti GP4k2s.

At this point I am really struggling to come up with something negative to say. Better grip, cut/puncture protection AND RR? What's not to like?
Just under 1000k, zero flats with one minor cut. Over the same mileage Pirelli velos had 4 flats.
Minor update. Few hundred miles later and the rear has lost all center tread. Basically 1000km

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Meyercord wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:31 am

Minor update. Few hundred miles later and the rear has lost all center tread. Basically 1000km

Huh, that's crazy. I thought my 1300mi out of original Corsa G+ was bad.

maxice

by maxice

I would have thought they’d last longer than 1000km? This is the rear on mine after 300km, looks like loads left?

There are a few small cuts and had one slow puncture already though :noidea:
617CAC52-7695-428A-9762-77D0C00963FA.jpeg
Corsa 1.0 clincher

Meyercord

by Meyercord

I was wrong. This is 560miles or 900km
Attachments
94D99583-C5BC-48A4-9167-0AEAD3FA57FB.jpeg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Meyercord wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:57 pm
I was wrong. This is 560miles or 900km
How much climbing and how big are you? Do much climbing out of the saddle? I can destroy a tire pretty quickly if I am climbing anything steep and need to be out of the saddle for extended stretches.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com