Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
seamaster76

by seamaster76

Orange Seal’s difficult to find in Italy.

I’ll give it a chance.

Thanks

rainerhq

by rainerhq

whats wrong with online shops?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yinya

by yinya

I bought Orange seal from Bike24 - took about 3 days to ship to Italy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitchking

by Stitchking

I have found Stan's race to be really good. Seals punctures at 80psi that regular Stan's would only seal at 30-40.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kevinw

by kevinw

I really like Mavic sealant but it's really expensive. Still sealing cuts in my Mavic UST tyres 6 months later.

Currently running orange seal endurance which seems at least as good as the Mavic stuff but will see how long it lasts.

Stumbled across something that stated that the Mavic sealant was supplied by adhestick who own "Joe's No Flats" so strongly suspect it's the same stuff. Good because "No flats" is a third of the price.

cveks

by cveks

on which pressure , PSI do you run your tubeless tires?

I ride now Vittoria Corsa Speed TLR on my training wheels , and I weight 82 kg, and inflate them to 110 PSI.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cveks wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm
on which pressure , PSI do you run your tubeless tires?

I ride now Vittoria Corsa Speed TLR on my training wheels , and I weight 82 kg, and inflate them to 110 PSI.

Corsa Speed TLR on training wheels? I got something like 800mi out of my rear Corsa Speed TLR before the tread completely wore through.

Anyway 110psi is too much pressure even for 82kg. For 23mm tubeless tires at your weight, I would run 95psi max. 25mm tires, 90psi max.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Mucoff sealant sealed non tubless mtb tires for me. Fantastic stuff.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 am

I've tried it with road tires. I couldn't even get slow leaks from the initial seal plugged. All these sealants that claim they won't dry out like Muc-Off No Punctures, Slime STR, Finish Line...they're really messy and hard to clean off surfaces.

Stick to Orange Seal. If it's hard to find in your area, go with Bontrager TLR sealant.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:28 am
RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 am

I've tried it with road tires. I couldn't even get slow leaks from the initial seal plugged. All these sealants that claim they won't dry out like Muc-Off No Punctures, Slime STR, Finish Line...they're really messy and hard to clean off surfaces.

Stick to Orange Seal. If it's hard to find in your area, go with Bontrager TLR sealant.
Everything dries out. Finishline backed off that claim a while back.

Back to muckoff... so far so good for me. Sealing non tubless tires tubless was impressive. Holding air like a champ.

The downside i see with the thick sealant is reduced rapid redistribution of the sealant. With the watery stuff, stop riding an most of it quickly drops to the bottom. You can easy get sealant where you need it. With the thick stuff, it plugs well, but if the current coat in an aera is not enough... good luck getting more there fast, especially as it starts to dry out and get thicker still.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

At least it smells like raspberries? I still have a cup of it on my workbench because I wanted to see what it looked/felt like when dried out. It dries into a relatively stiff, doughy consistency with very little elasticity. There also seems to be less leftover material than Orange Seal, so that's one reason why it lasts longer...there's just more water/glycol/whatever in the mixture. The Orange Seal is on top and you can see it dried into a nice little stretchy elastic disk.
Attachments
IMG_3676.jpg

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tobin have you used Tune One Shot at all?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nefarious86 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:37 am
Tobin have you used Tune One Shot at all?

Didn’t even know Tune had a sealant. At this point I’m not inclined to test any new sealants because none have lived up to claims. I figure if something is good enough to unseat Orange Seal, people will spread the word. When I talked to Orange Seal at Sea Otter they just laughed at "long lasting" sealants...either sealants last a long time or they plug holes, not both.

zefs

by zefs

Well you can use more of the one that lasts long time if it is having trouble to seal. But it depends on what kind of punctures you are getting I guess, mine are usually small ones that seal with more watery sealants without problem.

It's also how much sealant was used to seal the tire, on UST you can go without sealant.

willmac

by willmac

I’ve got the Milkit sealant in mine at the moment. It’s much different to everything else, it’s thick in the bottle so solids are suspended without the need for shaking. Don’t know if that’s good or bad or just different. I removed one of my tires to take a peak at how it was inside and due to the thickness, it really costs the entire inside of the tire which should bode well for punctures, I haven’t had any that I am aware of yet. Supposedly ok for CO2 which is nice for those who don’t want to carry a pump around.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com