Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

They glued the wrong tread onto the standard clincher.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

It should be tubed type as the casing doesn't say Tubeless Ready. The stick on tread is shared between tubed and tubeless ready casings apparently.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Not fussed about the casing but if there is a difference in the bead then surely Vittoria are cruising for a lawsuit? Although I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the clincher and TLR lines come together as they have done with the Corsa Speed; much easier for shops to stock fewer SKUs.

Addict15

by Addict15

I saw someone post pictures on a webshop where they had made their Corsa Control G2 tubeless, since they saw it on the tread. Those were from the beginning of 2020, so I'm wondering if the tires still say this? And has anyone tried to set them up tubeless with any luck?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Addict15 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 pm
I saw someone post pictures on a webshop where they had made their Corsa Control G2 tubeless, since they saw it on the tread. Those were from the beginning of 2020, so I'm wondering if the tires still say this? And has anyone tried to set them up tubeless with any luck?

They have a standard teardrop shaped bead instead of a squarer tubeless one so you’ll be risking losing all your teeth...and for what, the naked tanwall look?

Addict15

by Addict15

I was just wondering, but I'll set them up with latex inner tubes to be sure. I agree it's not a good idea to try it if the tire isn't secure. Still weird they didn't bother to change the tread.

Addict15

by Addict15

Sent an email to ask about it, this was the reply:
The skinwall Corsa Control is not Tubeless ready. We know this is on the tread, though. This tread is used for several Corsa tires. This has already been adjusted and so the newer tires will be delivered without this text on the tread. We are busy making a Corsa tire with skinwall that is tubeless ready. This tire will then have to be available at the end of this year or early next year.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Addict15 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:18 pm
We are busy making a Corsa tire with skinwall that is tubeless ready. This tire will then have to be available at the end of this year or early next year.
Skinwall tubeless? I must have died and gone to heaven.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Super punchy from a corporate governance perspective that they haven't issued a recall! There have been people on this forum with those tyres set up tubeless.

unclearv

by unclearv

Do these (non-tlr) measure smaller than the G 1.0?

Looking for real world measurements for a 28mm on a 17 internal.

I understand the latest Schwalbe and Conti tires sized down a bit.

vinny

by vinny

So i was running the NON TLR as tubless, it "works" but earlier today the tires popped off the rim. I just rolled to a stop all is well.
The difference between the NON TLR and the TLR tires is the size of the bead. the tubless ready tires have a much smaller bead, so it seems to lock to the rim better.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

vinny wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:46 pm
So i was running the NON TLR as tubless, it "works" but earlier today the tires popped off the rim. I just rolled to a stop all is well.
The difference between the NON TLR and the TLR tires is the size of the bead. the tubless ready tires have a much smaller bead, so it seems to lock to the rim better.

No no no no. First of all don't say something "works" even in quotes if you follow up with the fact that your tires blew off the rim. Second, the beads on the tubeless tires are larger and squarer.

CamW

by CamW

:shock: :shock: :shock:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinny

by vinny

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 pm
vinny wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:46 pm

No no no no. First of all don't say something "works" even in quotes if you follow up with the fact that your tires blew off the rim. Second, the beads on the tubeless tires are larger and squarer.
Okay it didn't work at all. And yes you are 100% correct, i got it mixed up the beads on the tubeless tires are larger and squarer. I just wanted to confirm that you SHOULDN'T run non TLR tires as tubless.