Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
zefs

by zefs

torob wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 am
Having now tried these back to back vs. Turbo Cottons, TCs TCs TCs.
As far as what goes?
Specialized also has a tubeless version coming out at some point (project black).

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Im giving a pair of 28c rubino tlr a hoon for this winter. So far they seem nice. Noticeably slower but i haven't really pushed them round corners and have done no racing recently. Don't hold air as well as the gp5ks i had on previously, i need to pump them up before every ride.

Unlike the corsas i tried earlier this year i was able to bead up with a track pump relatively easily.

They ended up being 50g lighter for a pair of 28c training tyres than the 25c gp5k.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

After yesterdays ride, I shall be putting my Corsa 2.0 TLRs back on after next weekends road bike TT.

They have so much more grip than the GP5K TLs. They brake in half the distnce and give me much more confidence when pushing the bike hard in corners.

Had a 'moment' at 85kph round a bend on the Conti's that I know the Corsa's would have handled.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

jlok

by jlok

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 am
Im giving a pair of 28c rubino tlr a hoon for this winter. So far they seem nice. Noticeably slower but i haven't really pushed them round corners and have done no racing recently. Don't hold air as well as the gp5ks i had on previously, i need to pump them up before every ride.

Unlike the corsas i tried earlier this year i was able to bead up with a track pump relatively easily.

They ended up being 50g lighter for a pair of 28c training tyres than the 25c gp5k.

I find the Rubino Pro TLR 28c with Orange Seal holding air ok on SES 4.5 AR after it gone through a few hundred km.

How much do you need to top up every ride? I just need maybe a few pumps every few days.

Couldn't try the GP5K TL to compare for the obvious reason. Would love to try the Corsa TLR but I think the Rubino is gonna last for a long while...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

zefs

by zefs

Not sure if this plays a role on the blow out but the beads on the Vittoria look like they are sewn (like non-tubeless tires) and mine have imperfections (and one was leaking out of the box) so I am not going to use high pressures with those tires. Compared to Hutchinson and other tires that look seamless/one piece as below:

thaking

by thaking

Vittoria Graphene 2.0 vs Specialized S-works turbo ?

Stitchking

by Stitchking

@jlok the first couple of days it was drastic. 40psi in front, 25 in rear (down from 80psi).

Just pumped them up after 24hrs and the rear was down 25psi, front only 5.

Im beginning to think i might need to retape the rear rim though. I remember seeing some sealant seeping under the end of the tape. I wonder if that could be giving me grief?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

You shouldn’t be losing more than 2-3psi in a day. Run soapy water around the bead/rim interface and check for bubbles. Also put soapy water over you valve stem/core...entirely possible the core is leaking.

Try adding a little more sealant if you are getting leaks through the bead/rim interface.

torob

by torob

zefs wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:09 am
torob wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 am
Having now tried these back to back vs. Turbo Cottons, TCs TCs TCs.
As far as what goes?
Specialized also has a tubeless version coming out at some point (project black).
For the avoidance of doubt, my comments relate to running clinchers latex (vittoria). TCs feel faster, feel softer, and don't sound like I'm riding of a rumble strip at cruising speed.
Using Tapatalk

Meyercord

by Meyercord

thaking wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Vittoria Graphene 2.0 vs Specialized S-works turbo ?
Tc pro: lighter, faster, quieter, might have more dry grip
Tc con: shit puncture protection, short life

2.0 pro: puncture protection, rain grip, tread life
2.0 con: heavy, slower

Corsa speed 2.0 is probably a better comparison to tc.
Last edited by Meyercord on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meyercord

by Meyercord

Wrong button.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Impressive. Makes Corsa Speed pretty much a no brainer choice for a triathlon run, and probably also the best choice for any race on good tarmac.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

emcardle wrote:Corsa Speed 2.0 is faster

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... a-speed-g2
The GP5k still looks like a better do it all option IMO. More tread and less tubeless hassle for minimal weight and W differences..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

However fast they are, I wouldn't consider Corsa Speeds for regular racing.

For TT, as per Aerocoach testing, GP5K is on par with GP TT. If the G2.0 Speed improves some watts and doesn't lose on aero, is easier to mount than G1.0 (hopefully...), and maintains at least some durability, compared to G1.0, I'm on them.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike