Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
dim

by dim

there are 3 versions of Orange sealant (Regular, Endurance and Sub Zero)

the one to use is the regular version as it seals bigger holes:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1700/ ... 1823713349

you have to topup 30-45 days with the regular version
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Thias

by Thias

On Bicycle Rolling resistance, they say that the Corsa G+ 2.0 (not TLR) 25 is measured at 27mm. Most inner tubes are for tires from 20 to 25mm, would it be smart to use bigger inner tubes (like 25 to 32mm) or those 20 to 25mm will work fine ?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Thias wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 pm
On Bicycle Rolling resistance, they say that the Corsa G+ 2.0 (not TLR) 25 is measured at 27mm. Most inner tubes are for tires from 20 to 25mm, would it be smart to use bigger inner tubes (like 25 to 32mm) or those 20 to 25mm will work fine ?
They will work fine, but be stretched ever slightly thinner. Consequences are slightly increased chance of puncturing the tube and slightly faster air loss through the tube’s walls.

Thias

by Thias

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:17 pm
Thias wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 pm
They will work fine, but be stretched ever slightly thinner. Consequences are slightly increased chance of puncturing the tube and slightly faster air loss through the tube’s walls.
That's what I thought. The vittoria corsa's are known for not being the best at puncture resistance and stretching the inner tubes too much won't help. Unfortunately I think that inner tubes going from 25-32mm might be too large...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Thias wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 pm

That's what I thought. The vittoria corsa's are known for not being the best at puncture resistance and stretching the inner tubes too much won't help. Unfortunately I think that inner tubes going from 25-32mm might be too large...

Most 25mm tires measure slightly larger than stated anyway. 25->27mm is quite minimal either way. You won't notice a thing.

Thias

by Thias

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Thias wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Most 25mm tires measure slightly larger than stated anyway. 25->27mm is quite minimal either way. You won't notice a thing.
Ok. I think I will give it a try. I really want to try those tires.

Valy

by Valy

It also depends on the thickness of the tube.

There are very thin latex tubes and thicker ones like Michelin, even though their quoted tyre coverage is the same.

I once put in a thin latex tube into 28mm on 21mm internal rim and it leaked a lot more, to the point of taking it out and using a different tube. I was not certain it would last the ride in pressure ranges that would be suitable.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

My clincher Vittoria Corsa G2.0 tan wall reduce pressure loss rate of my latex tube.

I pulled out Continental GP5000 and replace with Corsa G2.0 re-using same old latex tube.
At first the pressure loss was almost normal. Then after a rain ride, i noticed that the latex tube loss pressure much less than usual.
I'm curious so i inspect and found out that the latex tube kinda stick into the Cotton. And, unlike Corsa G+, the Corsa G2.0's cotton appear to have some extra coating on top. I think that coating is somewhat airtight. Then what happen when tire is somewhat airtight, and rim is almost airtight (except at the valve)? I almost create a pseudo tubeless set-up with tube inside...

I'm curious, on tubular set-up, can't they just make it air tight without any tube inside the tire, using the same coating that they use for tubeless version?

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Silca mentioned this. Vittoria makes their latex tubes,
And they noted them to suddenly hold air longer. They asked vittoria and they said they quietly added the graphine 2.0 compound and it improved air retention. I noted the same thing with the tubes in my gp5000’s. It was a significant improvement. Not butyl improvement, but easily 50% less air loss.

Priit

by Priit

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:41 pm
I'm curious, on tubular set-up, can't they just make it air tight without any tube inside the tire, using the same coating that they use for tubeless version?
Tufo tubulars are constructed like this, without inner tube.

Valy

by Valy

Hexsense wrote:My clincher Vittoria Corsa G2.0 tan wall reduce pressure loss rate of my latex tube.

I pulled out Continental GP5000 and replace with Corsa G2.0 re-using same old latex tube.
At first the pressure loss was almost normal. Then after a rain ride, i noticed that the latex tube loss pressure much less than usual.
I'm curious so i inspect and found out that the latex tube kinda stick into the Cotton. And, unlike Corsa G+, the Corsa G2.0's cotton appear to have some extra coating on top. I think that coating is somewhat airtight. Then what happen when tire is somewhat airtight, and rim is almost airtight (except at the valve)? I almost create a pseudo tubeless set-up with tube inside...

Also noticed reduced pressure loss with 6800 wheels vs non tl, rim tape rim side by side.

MikeD

by MikeD

RocketRacing wrote:Silca mentioned this. Vittoria makes their latex tubes,
And they noted them to suddenly hold air longer. They asked vittoria and they said they quietly added the graphine 2.0 compound and it improved air retention. I noted the same thing with the tubes in my gp5000’s. It was a significant improvement. Not butyl improvement, but easily 50% less air loss.
Remember Air B tubes? They were butylized latex and held air longer than straight latex. I used to use them, and they didn't get all crinkled like Challenge latex tubes do. Too bad they aren't sold anymore.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Panaracer air air are a nice inbetween offer between butyl and latex
according to testing from cyclesetformes

Thias

by Thias

Vittoria Corsa graphen 2.0 mounted. They look just gorgeous !!!! But god, they gave me a hard time mounting them !! I almost gave u.

Am I the only one who had such a hard time to get them on the rims ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Thias wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm
Vittoria Corsa graphen 2.0 mounted. They look just gorgeous !!!! But god, they gave me a hard time mounting them !! I almost gave u.

Am I the only one who had such a hard time to get them on the rims ?
Hand installed on AR58s
A little tight on the last bit
23fr, 25rr
19mm Int
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.