Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
alcatraz

by alcatraz

Rubino tlr should be awesome! Expensive? Heavy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Conza

by Conza

RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:39 am
Interesting. I am waiting for some independant testing from the likes of BRR or tom anhault before i get too excited.
Able to link when they post?

Front Tire Vittoria Corsa 25mm Since Beginning 12 Jan 2019 [retired date] 5,215.8 km
Rear Tire Vittoria Corsa 25mm Since Beginning 15 Jul 2018 [retired date] 3,064.8 km

Rear gets moved to front... and new on the back...

Front still looked pretty good when it was retired! It never did a 'back service' though. Which get worn quicker.
It's all about the adventure :o .

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Can anyone see the non tubeless new corsa for sale anywhere in the UK?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

I think they're still a week or so from landing with the UK importer. Once they do they'll be everywhere, no doubt.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

whatleytom wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:31 pm
https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/vittori ... e-2006132/

Has been saying 'Available for Dispatch in 4 days' for a week now...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Cache.cc have all models I believe
Using Tapatalk

izza

by izza

ryanw wrote:
whatleytom wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:31 pm
https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/vittori ... e-2006132/

Has been saying 'Available for Dispatch in 4 days' for a week now...
UK distributor says 6-8 weeks so don’t expect Tweeks to change that message for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccache

by ccache

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Cache.cc have all models I believe
thanks Nefarious86. its actually "ccache.cc" :smartass:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

auto correct lol my bad
Using Tapatalk

TimF

by TimF

AlgaeHater wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 pm
steveb77 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:17 pm
In an effort to save weight, I started running Corsa G+ with Continental race "light" tubes (not the regular race tubes) in 20-25mm size and this combination was extremely prone to punctures - 2 punctures in less than 150 miles.
I use this exact combo and have had one puncture in 2000km and that was a big thorn right through the centre of the tread, the roads round here are dreadful - mainly country lanes littered with all sorts.
Consider yourself lucky or maybe I'm just unlucky :cry:

For both punctures I took a close look at the cause. It was a tiny but very sharp rock/flint that pierced the tire and caused a pin hole sized puncture in the thin inner tube. A buddy I was riding with couldn't believe such a tiny rock could cause a puncture. After the second puncture, I realized the first wasn't just a freak occurance and I went back to the tried and true thicker 28-32mm Continental inner tubes. They are twice as heavy (maybe even more) but way more puncture resistance in my experience. No punctures in 2000+ miles with this combination.
Same issue here, small thorns through the tires with very few miles. That was with tougher inner tubes. I think these aren't very puncture proof. I ride on a path by the river mainly to work and do very few miles on these. They have also cut with 1cm slashes in the black tread.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Has anyone managed to set up the corsa tubless tyres succesfully? Tried to mount a pair on a set of zipp 404 disc wheels and they just refused to inflate. Never had issues with any other tyre like this. Yhe casing seemed super loose on the rim and i couldnt get it to hold air no matter what. I even pulled the valve core out and used a gun tip on my compressor to try and seat the bead. No joy

Went back to a new set of gp5000 tl and they beaded up with a charger pump no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Conza wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 pm
Rear gets moved to front... and new on the back...

Front still looked pretty good when it was retired! It never did a 'back service' though. Which get worn quicker.
Obviously we all have our own perspectives and experience to draw upon, but I rotate tires through in the opposite direction, and know many other knowledgable riders who do the same. The reasons being: 1. Front tire failures are generally far more catastrophic than rear tire failures, so keep the newest/best rubber up front, and 2. Rear tires tend to flatten out more from the wear of drive forces, which can cause funky handling as you have a flat crown on the tread with a ridge before the normal rounded transition to the sidewall. On the back that isn't so bad, but again, if you put it up front, it can can make the handling more iffy.

I suppose there is an argument to be made that by testing a tire on the rear first, you weed out manufacturing defects, before promoting them to front wheel duty, but I tend to run tires too long for that point to offset the points I made above.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Everyone I know does "front always gets the newest"... for obvious reasons pointed out by Kaiser
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

jlok

by jlok

Major online stores still haven't got them in stock... I need the 28c TLR...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jlok wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 am
Major online stores still haven't got them in stock... I need the 28c TLR...

Not even Vittoria's own site is showing 28mm TLR in stock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com