Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Understand, and already saw the pics in the “On The Road” thread. Three great pics then two of the road which I thought were kind of odd, so thanks for explaining. A good story is always welcome as well, even without pics. How long were you gone for (sorry if I missed that). And too bad about the weather.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

So is the corsa speed tubular also updated to graphine 2.0?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Understand, and already saw the pics in the “On The Road” thread. Three great pics then two of the road which I thought were kind of odd, so thanks for explaining. A good story is always welcome as well, even without pics. How long were you gone for (sorry if I missed that). And too bad about the weather.
The photos of the road - that cracked and broken up chip seal is a fair representation of what the majority of the road surface was like. Look closely at that surface. Imagine riding on it with a regular road bike with 25mm tires at 90 psi. Your teeth would come out. Some was better but some was much worse. In places in was completely disintegrated. Lots of Stada Bianche as well, some of it studded with big rocks. The relevance to this thread is that with the Vitoria Corsas measuring in the 30 -32 mm range, and pressure around 60 psi, I could ride most of this stuff in near perfect comfort. And getting through it all with zero punctures. I still can't believe it. I was in Italy for three weeks. First week was for taper and jet lag. Hung out in Lucca and did easy 4-5 hour rides in the hills around town - in perfect weather. Then armageddon.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Anyone getting any weeping with the tubeless versions of the tire? A portion of the sidewall on one of my tires seems to be “bubbling” a little bit. Also having a Corsa G2.0 on the back and GP5K on the front, the Corsa is definitely losing air a little faster.

zefs

by zefs

Yes, one of mine had this issue but even adding 30ml of sealant didn't help. There was no visible sealant leak, maybe the early batch of tires have quality issues.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

No issues here with the corsas. Wear continues to be very low, and grip continues to impress.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:25 pm
RocketRacing wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Would prefer to see crr of the 23c 2.0 corsa speed. The 25c was measuring 27mm... which could account for much of the crr improvements over the 23c originals.
The GP5K comparison suggests differently. The 23mm and 25mm GP5Ks were within 0.2W down to 80psi. I imagine it would be more like a 0.1W difference in the Corsa Speeds.

Besides, 25mm is the "baseline" on BRR. 23mm Corsa Speed was only tested because the 25mm version didn't exist at the time.
True! Forgot about that. Crr only better at same pressures.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 am
Anyone getting any weeping with the tubeless versions of the tire? A portion of the sidewall on one of my tires seems to be “bubbling” a little bit. Also having a Corsa G2.0 on the back and GP5K on the front, the Corsa is definitely losing air a little faster.
Only tangentially relevant, but I have had weeping with some combinations of latex innner tubes (to which I have added sealant) and cloth tires. It gradually reduces and the tires hold air better as time passes. If you want a supple tubeless tire it inevitably will mean walking a fine line with air retention, toughness, etc. OTOH, if the air loss is unacceptably large, than my guess is the recipe for the inner lining is a bit off.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

yinya

by yinya

Comfort and confidence seem to me a personal preference, and drive the “need” for the wide tires. I for example would still take the 25/28s for the overall feel and consistency with what I know to work for me.

On descending, if the the bigger tires on wider rims drive us to increase our speed so the overall risk level remains unchanged, as someone else also mentioned, on events where you maybe gain 5-10 mins over 8-10 hours of riding; or makes you surprise the group dynamics when after sitting at the back one suddenly overtakes instead of staying in position on descents when the overall group does not get strung out, it sort of defeats the purpose for me...

If you adjust for rain ridden days and compare to similar body weight riders, I am not sure you really get a statistically significant difference on the puncture side...

Just my thoughts to reflect that we all have different preferences and takes on these situations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:05 am
ch00bzs wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:37 am
i have problems with corsa TLR 25mm... very hard to seat the bead on Zipp NSW
even i already used compressor pump, still no result

The glued on tread keeps the tire pretty flat around the rim. Squeeze the tire around the valve so it takes a rounder shape while also pressing the bead down to get rid of air gaps around the tubeless valve “bung.”
I have tried that but still it has air gap on other areas. Its like zipp’s rim hook is too small

Cosmo

by Cosmo

Install with a tube then let wheel sit overnight to give the tire shape. Dislodge one bead and remove tube. Insert valve and seat bead. Generally works everytime.
after 2 drinks I'm a loser, after 3 a star

Rappid

by Rappid

First ride 90km hilly route on crappy Irish roads :)
So far so good, no cuts.
Rolling resistance is the same, I did not notice any difference compared to 1.0.
Brilliant grip in dry. I did not ride in wet yet.
Looks like these holding air a bit better through the night.
Short ride tomorrow morning and then will pack the bike and heading to Innsbruck for Tour TransAlp.
More updates during/after the race.

Last edited by Rappid on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willmac

by willmac

Rappid wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm
First ride 90km hilly route.
So far so good. No cuts on Irish crappy roads :)
Rolling resistance is the same, I did not notice any difference compared to 1.0.
Short ride tomorrow morning and then will pack the bike and heading to Innsbruck for Tour TransAlp.

Edit - see they are tubulars, not clinchers
Last edited by willmac on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dim

by dim

willmac wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 pm
Rappid wrote:
First ride 90km hilly route.
So far so good. No cuts on Irish crappy roads :)

Isn’t it your tube that holds air in a clincher? 🤷🏾‍♂️
that road looks a lot better than the roads where I live

nice looking tyres though
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Rappid wrote:
First ride 90km hilly route on crappy Irish roads :)
So far so good, no cuts.

Odd, your tires have label on the tread ?
corsa.jpg
Guess that's a tub thing
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.