Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

In the end, rolling resistance within a couple watts really only matters in races against time. I will gladly trade some watts for a small amount puncture resistance and grip outside of TTs.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

I'd like to buy CORSA CONTROL for BORA ULTRA 50.

https://www.vittoria.com/eu/valve-exten ... ories.html
"Available in 20, 30 or 60mm lengths so you are covered for whatever rim depth you have."

Maybe 30mm?
If anyone has experience with that, I'd love to hear.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I would try to find 20mm. I use corsas without an extender in bora 35

zefs

by zefs

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:58 pm
In the end, rolling resistance within a couple watts really only matters in races against time. I will gladly trade some watts for a small amount puncture resistance and grip outside of TTs.
Let us know how you find the Corsa's compared to GP5K.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

TobinHatesYou wrote:
The difference in crr between the gp5000 and 4000 is worth about 500g off your bike.... at 10% incline. At 2% inclune it is worth 3lbs off your bike. Crr is a weight weenies dream.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

zefs wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:

Just put 30mm Corsa Control TLR on my 202 NSWs. Went on easily by hand, but again I had to use an Airshot canister to seat the bead. One of the tires has a speck of exterior rubber missing on the sidewall, showing the white/light-colored threads underneath. The rubber on the sidewalks is very thin, it looks like it’s painted/brushed on.

Doing a big ride tomorrow and will see if I have any strong opinions...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RocketRacing wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:43 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
The difference in crr between the gp5000 and 4000 is worth about 500g off your bike.... at 10% incline. At 2% inclune it is worth 3lbs off your bike. Crr is a weight weenies dream.

Rolling resistance scales just about linearly with speed. I don’t know about you, but at 300W on a 10% incline I’m doing slightly over 8mph. BRR’s test is conducted at more than twice that speed. The rolling resistance gains at 8mph will be less than half of BRR’s numbers. So let’s use realistic values like 80psi. 13.7-12.1=1.6. x2 for two tires, /2.2 for speed difference. Let’s just round that to 1.5W for a pair of GP5K clinchers over GP4K clinchers. Besides, I’m not even using either of those tires. My preferred tires are the Hutchinson Fusion 5 Galactik 11Storm TLR...which have not been tested. A pair of Galactiks also weigh 160g less than GP5K TLs.

At closer to flat inclines / higher speed, the difference is even less important because the main source of drag will be air by a long shot. In both cases we are talking about <.1mph. That doesn’t matter in a non-timed race. Grip and a slight amount of puncture protection are clearly more important to me as I’ve DNP’d two road races, one of which I probably could have won.

zefs

by zefs

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:18 am
zefs wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:

Just put 30mm Corsa Control TLR on my 202 NSWs. Went on easily by hand, but again I had to use an Airshot canister to seat the bead. One of the tires has a speck of exterior rubber missing on the sidewall, showing the white/light-colored threads underneath. The rubber on the sidewalks is very thin, it looks like it’s painted/brushed on.

Doing a big ride tomorrow and will see if I have any strong opinions...
Mine has imperfections on the sidewalls as well and one was leaking air out of the box so using it tubed.
Might be because of early batch, otherwise not good for the price they are asking.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

zefs wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 am

Mine has imperfections on the sidewalls as well and one was leaking air out of the box so using it tubed.
Might be because of early batch, otherwise not good for the price they are asking.

Yeah, looking around the whole tire, there's a glob in one section and also a random diagonal seam with tiny perforations in the rubber layer. Not great...seems like I'll inevitably switch back to Hutchinson Fusion 11Storm TLRs or Mavic Yksion Pro USTs. We will see...

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Well I think if you had GP5K 28s your experience would have been completely different. Been running GP5K 28s (and 32s on the tandem) with amazing results (great speed with very few punctures).

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

60mi 6700ft road race in rain/hail done. Temp dropped to freezing at the summit. G2.0 Corsa Controls are the grippiest race tire I’ve ever used. My rear only fishtailed once when I severely overcooked a corner in very wet conditions.

Can’t really speak to the suppleness of the tire. My butt isn’t that sensitive and all tires are supple at 65psi.

The only questions now are durability and endurance. They’re fast enough for me.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Anyone played with these yet?
Wondering how they would go with some 28mm 2.0 Corsa Tubeless tyres.

https://fse.bike/products/g40-...isc-tu ... cyclocross

Guessing they would be comparable to an AR Enve rim?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

i have problems with corsa TLR 25mm... very hard to seat the bead on Zipp NSW
even i already used compressor pump, still no result

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

ch00bzs wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:37 am
Try soapy water to lubricate the bead?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ch00bzs wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:37 am

The glued on tread keeps the tire pretty flat around the rim. Squeeze the tire around the valve so it takes a rounder shape while also pressing the bead down to get rid of air gaps around the tubeless valve “bung.”