Campy Rotors

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
scb

by scb

Is anybody having issues with loose rivets on their front 160 m rotors? I am on to warranty claim no. 2 on brand new rotors. You can see and feel the loose rivets and get a thumping noise in hard braking. I know this is the issue since I have 2 brand new wheelsets (Enve 3.4 and Enve 5.6) with same rotors. Took the good (no loose rivets) rotor off of one wheelset and put it on 2nd wheelset (the one the had the problem rotor) and everything is perfect. Bought wheelsets from different stores. Not sure if both stores use the same US distributor but I will find out.

by Weenie

scb

by scb

My bike guy just heard from Campy Tech--Campy made a running change to the rotors and made them semi-floating to improve safety and to prevent the rotor from warping. The new model rotors will end in "C-3" if they are the new version.

I will give the new rotor a shot and see if it feels and sounds any better after using it for a little while.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Campy rotors with Campy calipers?

scb

by scb

jfranci3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:08 pm
Campy rotors with Campy calipers?
Yes, that's correct.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Campy pads? Campy 140/160 adapters? Campy bolts?

I had a thumping noise with SRAM calipers and Campy rotors. I assumed it was a swept area issue, pad leading edge issue, pad ventilation, or pad stiffness issue.
I've also noticed flat mount adapters are slightly different brand to brand, with there being critical differences in length of the adapter to caliper bolt length. The rivets on the rotor don't need to be full-tight lengeth wise, but they do need to be full-tight radially.

scb

by scb

All Campy disc with centerlock that came with SR-12 speed mechanical. Hope this answers all of your questions.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I just purchased my 160/140 Campy rotors for my Venge... both end with a C3 .. Im still waiting for EPS 12 so can't confirm if they thump or not...

scb

by scb

My 1st C3 rotor had more play than the new one. You could manually move the rivets when the rotor was not installed. The new you can’t tell there is any movement/floating (and thumbing) until you brake hard. Supposedly, there is some variation among each new version of the rotor.

by Weenie