Campagnolo hydraulic brake hose fitting

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
c60rider

by c60rider

I've done a fair bit of searching online and not found anything clear so I'm hoping the vast knowledge on here can help. I'm in the process of setting up a bike with Campagnolo H11. In attempting to internally route the hydraulic cable in the handlebars, that coupled with the cables desire to remain curled up as it was packaged, meant I ended up kinking the hose in a couple of places. It's semi-straightened out but also scored the outer in a couple of other tiny places that will be visible between the bars and the hole in the top of the forks. As it's the front hose I have plenty to be able to just chop that piece off but the 90 degree connector at the ergolever end appears to be some sort of push on fitting that doesn't seem easy to remove, if at all. I could just live with it as it is but I would prefer to have as perfect a cable as possible on my first ever disc setup, but I can't find anything that might be compatible to be sure it will fit the campagnolo lever. Anyone got any ideas? I'm loathed to spend the £50 just to buy new Campag hoses! This Magura one https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mag ... prod128082 does look to be identical but I was hoping to just be able to attach a 90 degree connector with an olive etc but I doubt that will fit the groove in the lever even if it seals properly, plus any I've seen are half way towards the cost of one of the Magura hoses. Thought I would just ask if there are any other options?

by Weenie