Whisky Parts experience

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

biwa

by biwa

Can anyone share their experience with Whisky Parts carbon products (e.g. fork, handlebars, etc.)? Being a house brand of Quality Bicycle Products and everything manufactured in China/Taiwan, I wonder how their products compare to those from Enve, Ritchey, Parlee, etc., especially considering Whisky can be more expensive for certain products (e.g. fork)? Do all of these brands contract the same manufactuers in the region and compete on marketing? Whisky certainly looks like trying to appeal to certain crowd..

Any comment on their warranty process is appreciated too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrobart

by jrobart

I've had good expereinces with Whiskey Parts. Had a fork on a ti pre gravel gravel bike (since sold) and it was rock solid. I also have Whiskey carbon rims on my fattie. No complaints so far. Light and durable..
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

fa63

by fa63

Positive experiences for me as well. I have used two of their forks, and the carbon seatpost. No issues with anything; all seemed very well built.

Multebear

by Multebear

I had a fork, where the steerer broke. They said the warranty was voided because it wasn't installed correctly by my LBS. They decided to replace is it anyway and told me to read the instructions carefully before installation of the new fork. Shouldn't have broken in the first place, but very satisfied with them taking the responsibility.

commendatore

by commendatore

I went through a couple QBP (Foundry) frames with varying levels of warranty frustration. Perhaps their quality control or design has improved, but I’ve sworn them off. Never again.