What’s your favorite saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ringo

by Ringo

Hi y’all,
I’m in the market for a new saddle and I wanna ask what is your favorite saddle?
I have a Selle SMP full carbon replica and I’m going to buy the original since it’s WW enough and super comfy!
I did many 200km brevets without an issue and despite it looks ugly and threatening my butt likes it a lot!
But before I pull the trigger I wanna know if there is something better I should consider.
Money is not an issue.
Last edited by Ringo on Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXTi
C60

jmh

by jmh

I'm a fan of the Specialized Toupe (in the 130mm width) and Selle Italia SLR (orginal style marked as 135g).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Currently using Pro Stealth saddle.
But about to revert back to Prologo dimension, soon.
While i keep trying out multiple saddles out of curiosity, I keep going back to it. It work just right for me.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Selle, Kit Carbonio flow. MIght try Romin Evo once I finally kill it for good (been glued twice now)

AZR3

by AZR3

I’m on a Prologo Dimension and it’s been working great for the last 6 months

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Berk Lupina really works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Used a s works toupe for ages the 113g version not the current. Now on a 2x home padded and covered ax lightness leaf at 99 and 115g.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dim

by dim

heavy but my best saddle ever .... Brooks Cambium C17 Carved .... you don't even think about saddle on long rides

I have not found a more comfortable saddle than this, and I have had many including Gilles Berthout, Brooks leather, Fizik, Spoon etc

I have mine fitted on my Trek Emonda Sl6 ... looks a bit odd though and is a bit heavy 8)
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

AJS914

by AJS914

How flexible is the Cambium sit bone area?

I just came down with a bruised ischial tuberosity and will be trying something more flexible when I can get back on the bike.

I'm looking at a Selle Anatomica as my top candidate.

Js2

by Js2

Berk Lupina Padded and S works Romin Evo!

calv1n

by calv1n

dim wrote:heavy but my best saddle ever .... Brooks Cambium C17 Carved .... you don't even think about saddle on long rides

I have not found a more comfortable saddle than this, and I have had many including Gilles Berthout, Brooks leather, Fizik, Spoon etc

I have mine fitted on my Trek Emonda Sl6 ... looks a bit odd though and is a bit heavy 8)
How strange; had a cambium c15, and found it really uncomfortable (and heavy). Berk lupina was pretty good for me, but tended to show surface cracks. Currently on an s works power arc, which i really like (at least twice the weight on the lupina though)

spartacus

by spartacus

I’ve tried quite a few and like the SLR the most by a solid margin.

Konsi

by Konsi

Another vote for the Toupe. Also, quite like the SLRs with the cutout in the middle, but they don't last very long, and I am at the moment trying a Specialized Sitero, but I am not sure what to make of it yet (also, rather heavy).

flying

by flying

Some form of Selle Italia Flite for over 30 years now :D

Although before that spent many years on a Selle San Marco Rolls :D

Of course being a weight weenie for many years... I also tried a few
of the carbon naked saddles ax lightness etc. or other super light variations.

At the end of the day I decided long ago better to just use what works for me & not to try & save weight on saddles or brakes :lol: :lol:

Mep

by Mep

Berk Lupina gets my vote. After trying Fizik Antares, Selle Italia SLR, Selle San Marco Aspide among many others.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com