What’s your favorite saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ringo

by Ringo

Hi y’all,
I’m in the market for a new saddle and I wanna ask what is your favorite saddle?
I have a Selle SMP full carbon replica and I’m going to buy the original since it’s WW enough and super comfy!
I did many 200km brevets without an issue and despite it looks ugly and threatening my butt likes it a lot!
But before I pull the trigger I wanna know if there is something better I should consider.
Money is not an issue.
Last edited by Ringo on Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXTi
C60

jmh

by jmh

I'm a fan of the Specialized Toupe (in the 130mm width) and Selle Italia SLR (orginal style marked as 135g).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Currently using Pro Stealth saddle.
But about to revert back to Prologo dimension, soon.
While i keep trying out multiple saddles out of curiosity, I keep going back to it. It work just right for me.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Selle, Kit Carbonio flow. MIght try Romin Evo once I finally kill it for good (been glued twice now)

AZR3

by AZR3

I’m on a Prologo Dimension and it’s been working great for the last 6 months

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Berk Lupina really works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Used a s works toupe for ages the 113g version not the current. Now on a 2x home padded and covered ax lightness leaf at 99 and 115g.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dim

by dim

heavy but my best saddle ever .... Brooks Cambium C17 Carved .... you don't even think about saddle on long rides

I have not found a more comfortable saddle than this, and I have had many including Gilles Berthout, Brooks leather, Fizik, Spoon etc

I have mine fitted on my Trek Emonda Sl6 ... looks a bit odd though and is a bit heavy 8)
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

AJS914

by AJS914

How flexible is the Cambium sit bone area?

I just came down with a bruised ischial tuberosity and will be trying something more flexible when I can get back on the bike.

I'm looking at a Selle Anatomica as my top candidate.

Js2

by Js2

Berk Lupina Padded and S works Romin Evo!

calv1n

by calv1n

dim wrote:heavy but my best saddle ever .... Brooks Cambium C17 Carved .... you don't even think about saddle on long rides

I have not found a more comfortable saddle than this, and I have had many including Gilles Berthout, Brooks leather, Fizik, Spoon etc

I have mine fitted on my Trek Emonda Sl6 ... looks a bit odd though and is a bit heavy 8)
How strange; had a cambium c15, and found it really uncomfortable (and heavy). Berk lupina was pretty good for me, but tended to show surface cracks. Currently on an s works power arc, which i really like (at least twice the weight on the lupina though)

spartacus

by spartacus

I’ve tried quite a few and like the SLR the most by a solid margin.

Konsi

by Konsi

Another vote for the Toupe. Also, quite like the SLRs with the cutout in the middle, but they don't last very long, and I am at the moment trying a Specialized Sitero, but I am not sure what to make of it yet (also, rather heavy).

flying

by flying

Some form of Selle Italia Flite for over 30 years now :D

Although before that spent many years on a Selle San Marco Rolls :D

Of course being a weight weenie for many years... I also tried a few
of the carbon naked saddles ax lightness etc. or other super light variations.

At the end of the day I decided long ago better to just use what works for me & not to try & save weight on saddles or brakes :lol: :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mep

by Mep

Berk Lupina gets my vote. After trying Fizik Antares, Selle Italia SLR, Selle San Marco Aspide among many others.