What’s your favorite saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

marusanek52 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:19 pm
Has anyone tried the selle repente saddles? They look pretty nice.
Yep, big fan of the Quasar. In fact I posted this above:

"Going back to the OP, I'm a huge fan of the Repente Quasar which works really well with my bottom. It allows me to get low on the drops but it's also very comfortable for long distances off and on road.

The carbon railed one is about as light as padded saddles go at 120 grams and the steel railed saddle is great value and still only 170 grams. I have weighed both saddles myself and found the reported weights to be correct."

chrhag

by chrhag

macwatt wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:33 pm
chrhag wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm
Tried alot, but have ended up with S-works Romin Evo Mirror saddle. Comfy as a sofa
I have the same saddle wonder what saddle tilt you use? and do you measure from rear to tip or only the front half section.
For the moment I have -1 degree in the front half section. Back section slightly more minus degrees, but my hip didn't like it when the front section tilted upwards.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Fabric ALM. Love it

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Right now, Specialized Phenom.
Thatwas after trying 10+ other saddles.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Power Mirror.. the only problem is now I have one I want them on all my bikes 😳
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Boshk

by Boshk

Berk lupina padded saddle.
Tried alot from cheap to expensive, Fizik, Fabric, no-brand, Specialized.....giant....
Been on this Berk Lupina padded for the last 2 years now, did 175km 9hr+ riding and no problem.

Saddle is very subjective and vastly depends on the person's behind.

whataboutEee

by whataboutEee

whataboutEee wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:44 pm
I really liked the 142 specialized power that came on my tarmac, but it dug into my hamstrings too much. I've tried the arc before, and that definitely didn't work for me. I've been on 130 toupe or phenom for years and they work pretty good. Has anyone gone from a 142 power to a 130 power and found reliefe from the dreaded hamstring punch?
Just in case anyone is looking for this info in the future, I finally tracked down a 130mm power and it is awesome. Doesn't dig into the hamstring like the 142 did, and I find it more comfortable than the 130 toupe it is replacing.

Fredonabike

by Fredonabike

Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow 130mm. I'd love to have even wider cutout tho. Pro Stealth, the older version atleast, is too wide. Is there any saddle thats in between? :D

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

whataboutEee wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:28 pm
whataboutEee wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:44 pm
I really liked the 142 specialized power that came on my tarmac, but it dug into my hamstrings too much. I've tried the arc before, and that definitely didn't work for me. I've been on 130 toupe or phenom for years and they work pretty good. Has anyone gone from a 142 power to a 130 power and found reliefe from the dreaded hamstring punch?
Just in case anyone is looking for this info in the future, I finally tracked down a 130mm power and it is awesome. Doesn't dig into the hamstring like the 142 did, and I find it more comfortable than the 130 toupe it is replacing.
Interesting, never knew that even existed (130mm Power).

mashiehood

by mashiehood

berk....

jadedaid

by jadedaid

Lately been on the new Pro Stealth Team and beeen very happy with it. I had the old one and this one is flatter (at least the carbon railed version) which is great.

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

130 S Works Power on both bikes. Love 'em.

milanv

by milanv

Fredonabike wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:28 am
Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow 130mm. I'd love to have even wider cutout tho. Pro Stealth, the older version atleast, is too wide. Is there any saddle thats in between? :D
Try Pro Stealth Curved.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

So just got a new Pro Stealth Performance - it has a slightly different shape than the Team version which is on carbon rails. The carbon railed seat is flatter, the steel railed one has a more pronounced upward kick.

I faced a similar issue with the steel railed Romin and carbon railed Romin sometime back. Interesting how this is.

Fredonabike

by Fredonabike

How is the grip on the Pro saddles?
I find my Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow to be waaaaaay too grippy. I cant slide on it at all...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com