What’s your favorite saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Just got a Venge and the Power saddle is so much comfier than my ergon Pro on my roadmachine. Immedatialey swtich that out for a Power as well.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

DHG01

by DHG01

I am good with Antares or Belcarra.
The one I most like is Berk Dila. But it is not cheap.
Does anyone know a saddle similar to Dila?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ringo

by Ringo

I’m very glad with my SMP full carbon but I’m looking for a second saddle for my other bike.
I was going for another SMP, but when I saw the SP-01 BOOST TEKNO SUPERFLOW I was amazed by that beauty!
There are no real reviews only infomercial which reproduce the press release statement of Selle Italia.
Also in forums I can’t find anyone who has it.
A guy made a thread here but for the previous model and he said that it cracked.
I’m sure that this saddle is not for riding and it’s all about marketing bs but I hope someone has it and prove me wrong!!!
Is there anyone out there?!
Attachments
E0083D9A-A5DB-4C7D-B0E7-706597460F46.jpeg
31132D8B-A0F0-43C0-91EE-2CBDE2D3CE92.jpeg
XXTi
C60

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Thats a nice saddle and it even ramps up at the back like an SMP. I searched for reviews but couldnt find anything either Ringo. CRC has it on for $690 CAN but makes you wonder when no reviews to be found.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Figured I would post here as well with more saddle discussion - anyone with any experience moving from Romin Evo to Selle San Marco? Are the wide versions comparible to say - a 143mm saddle from Specialized? I always thought that was fairly small until I saw the Marco's at 13x.
Just ride ..

jadedaid

by jadedaid

I've had the most success with a Shimano Pro Stealth saddle. First saddle I have zero issues with. I've got sit bones that could I could birth a child through and damaged groin nerves and the super wide Stealth works wonders.

Otherwise over the last 2 years went through:

Ronin Evo
Power
ISM PN 3.1
Gebiomized Sleak

Each have their pros and cons. The Gebiomized provided probably the best pedalling foundation but my nerves did t agree. The ISM was glorious on the nerves but far too narrow to provide a pedalling foundation and ultimately bent itself out of shape within 3 months.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Ringo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm
I’m very glad with my SMP full carbon but I’m looking for a second saddle for my other bike.
I was going for another SMP, but when I saw the SP-01 BOOST TEKNO SUPERFLOW I was amazed by that beauty!
There are no real reviews only infomercial which reproduce the press release statement of Selle Italia.
Also in forums I can’t find anyone who has it.
A guy made a thread here but for the previous model and he said that it cracked.
I’m sure that this saddle is not for riding and it’s all about marketing bs but I hope someone has it and prove me wrong!!!
Is there anyone out there?!
The very first ones did crack but they changed the design. Unfortunately this is a case of a hand full of people moaning and giving a very good saddle a bad reputation.

I have four of them with the oldest being about 12,000 miles old. No problems at all and very comfortable for me.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Selle San Marco forever...Rolls, Regale, Shortfit

ericlambi

by ericlambi

Never been that sensitive to saddle choice, but I get along pretty well with my Specialized Romin. This afternoon I'm scheduled to change out my Specialized Toupe that came on my gravel bike to one of these new Fizik 3D printed saddles, excited to give that a try.

carbonazza

by carbonazza

If you have big thighs for your hips( no much room for a saddle ) you could try this 128mm wide one:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mskmVsH
At $27 for ~83g it is surprisingly comfortable even for ultra long rides.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

I prefer Pro Aerofuel for gravel bike. It allow me to get roll pelvic forward a lot and is comfortable on rough road.

For road, Selle Italia SLR Boost work nearly as well and weight less. It also looks more like a road saddle (+fashion point) than TT shape of Pro Aerofuel.

johnrho

by johnrho

Ringo wrote:A guy made a thread here but for the previous model and he said that it cracked
That would be me I guess lol - I’m pretty sure it was either defective or the online store I bought it from sent it cracked (they sold it to me on an unbelievable price that was hard to believe). After contacting eBay, they contacted that store and they shipped me a brand new one. Didn’t have any issues with the replacement but decided to go with the SLR Boost when it came out. I love the SLR Boost Kit Carbonio.

The new SP-01 Boost you’re asking about has zero padding and just a carbon shell from what I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannoli

by Cannoli

johnrho wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:11 am
Ringo wrote:A guy made a thread here but for the previous model and he said that it cracked
That would be me I guess lol - I’m pretty sure it was either defective or the online store I bought it from sent it cracked (they sold it to me on an unbelievable price that was hard to believe). After contacting eBay, they contacted that store and they shipped me a brand new one. Didn’t have any issues with the replacement but decided to go with the SLR Boost when it came out. I love the SLR Boost Kit Carbonio.

The new SP-01 Boost you’re asking about has zero padding and just a carbon shell from what I’m told.

I have two of the SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow's on my road bikes, the Gravel version on my gravel bike, and the Ti version on my trainer. Absolutely love it in L3!
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

warthog101

by warthog101

Would have over 100k km on fizik ariones.
They appear to be a polarising saddle.
For me they just work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

warthog101 wrote:Would have over 100k km on fizik ariones.
They appear to be a polarising saddle.
For me they just work.
That’s all that matters