What’s your favorite saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Selle Italia Flite Carbon with Ti rails. Circa 1995. Still the most comfortable saddle Ive ridden and I have tried time and again to find a replacement. Thankfully they dont really wear out...and I bought a few of them.
Ive tried multiple Prologo, Specialized, Selle Italia, and San Marco.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

malizeus wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 2:51 pm
kofsw4 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 am
Kurt1980 wrote:My favourite saddle is my newest. Ali-express special. 140x235mm. Nice and flat laterally and longitudinally.
Screenshot_20220509-093810_Chrome.jpg
My only issue is the nose. It's pretty bloody wide. Sitting on the main part further back leads to a bit of thigh rub. Not killing me, but in the interest of optimising, I'd like to find an equivalent that's slightly narrower at the front. Closest I've found is this, just ordered:
Screenshot_20220508-220847_Chrome.jpg
As you can see, nose looks good, but it's a bit narrower at 128mm.

I'll give it a go, but has anyone seen anything in between? I'm happy to go for "proper", non Ali brands, but it needs to be flat in both axes and ideally carbon, but very firm minimal padding could also work.

TIA!
That 128 x 255 saddle looks interesting as most short nosed saddles I see are at least 140mm wide. I can't find it on AliX. Please could you share a link / more details? Thanks
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3292189 ... 9051%21rec
Haha, you beat me to it.

I got it, but too narrow. Super uncomfortable straight away so I took it off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

kofsw4 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 am
Kurt1980 wrote:My favourite saddle is my newest. Ali-express special. 140x235mm. Nice and flat laterally and longitudinally.
Screenshot_20220509-093810_Chrome.jpg
My only issue is the nose. It's pretty bloody wide. Sitting on the main part further back leads to a bit of thigh rub. Not killing me, but in the interest of optimising, I'd like to find an equivalent that's slightly narrower at the front. Closest I've found is this, just ordered:
Screenshot_20220508-220847_Chrome.jpg
As you can see, nose looks good, but it's a bit narrower at 128mm.

I'll give it a go, but has anyone seen anything in between? I'm happy to go for "proper", non Ali brands, but it needs to be flat in both axes and ideally carbon, but very firm minimal padding could also work.

TIA!
That 128 x 255 saddle looks interesting as most short nosed saddles I see are at least 140mm wide. I can't find it on AliX. Please could you share a link / more details? Thanks
I don't suppose you're in Australia are you? Happy to send it your way cheap cheap if you want it.

kofsw4

by kofsw4

I'm in the UK so probably not worth the hassle but appreciate the offer, thanks! I get on quite well with the prime primavera 128 saddle so might give this a go.

whataboutEee

by whataboutEee

Angui wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 3:19 pm
whataboutEee wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:44 pm
I really liked the 142 specialized power that came on my tarmac, but it dug into my hamstrings too much. I've tried the arc before, and that definitely didn't work for me. I've been on 130 toupe or phenom for years and they work pretty good. Has anyone gone from a 142 power to a 130 power and found reliefe from the dreaded hamstring punch?
I used to like the Specialized Power (s-works) in 143 but for me the 130 is really perfect. My bike fitter recommended it after measurements and he was spot on
I'm going to have to just try it I guess. Unfortunately the 130 are pretty hard to come by these days

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

As a very happy sworks power user, I used the Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow and was blown away
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

GaBa

by GaBa

What width? I am also looking at this model since I cannot get the Gebiomized Sleak with channel in 135 mm. Just not sure which width and whether to get Carbonio or full carbon model. For the width I am planning on going to get measured, cannot hurt I guess.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

My new favourite saddle next to my old favourite.

The Gelu K-1 has an incredible finish and just look at the underside, all the design and manufacturing effort that went into it really shows. Next to the Berk Lupina with it's giant blobs of glue..

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

GaBa wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:09 pm
What width? I am also looking at this model since I cannot get the Gebiomized Sleak with channel in 135 mm. Just not sure which width and whether to get Carbonio or full carbon model. For the width I am planning on going to get measured, cannot hurt I guess.
145, the large
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

mathias720

by mathias720

i am considering changing my alpitude gardena 143 for a Berk lupina saddle in 150mm.
i really like the shape of the alpitude and find its comfortable for even 7 hour relaxed rides(hands on hoods). but as soon as i get in aero position(underarm level to ground) it feels like i sit on a bump on the alpitude.
i find that if i tilt the saddle nose down it helps in the aero position, but i slide forward on the saddle in my relaxed position and ends up sitting to far forward on the saddle and my sit bones sitting on the edge of the saddle and not on top.

anyone tried both and can compared them a bit?
berk looks to be more flat, and thinking the leather can help with the sliding.
also considering a Gelu saddle.
Skærmbillede 2022-05-31 203959.png

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Selle Italia SLR C-59 and Saevid Sillin S 1.2.

Adjusting the C-59 needs some tries, but once set correctly, its perfect.

chrhag

by chrhag

Tried alot, but have ended up with S-works Romin Evo Mirror saddle. Comfy as a sofa

BBres

by BBres

Guys, I'm looking for the verified information about the actual weight of the Selle Italia Flite Boost Superflow in S3 size - the one with the titanium rails. I reckon the info from the selle italia website is not very accurate.

gbrnole

by gbrnole

bontrager aeolus saddle 145mm has been my go to on my road and mountain bikes. not particularly light even in the RSL version but for me, very comfortable.

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

gbrnole wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:51 pm
bontrager aeolus saddle 145mm has been my go to on my road and mountain bikes. not particularly light even in the RSL version but for me, very comfortable.
^This. It is narrowly edged out for me by the S-Works power mirror, which lives on the good bike in summer, and the trainer bike in winter, but outdoors the Aeolus is 95% as good and great vfm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com