Madone SLR9 VS S-works Venge Geometry

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ODC

by ODC

Hello everyone,

Planning to buy myself a new bike and i'm in doubt with 2 bikes:
- Trek Madone SLR 9 team edition with the Sram AXS
- S-works Venge LTD grey with the Sram AXS

Now I'm riding with a 58cm Tarmac sl6 disc with a slammed 140mm -10degree stem and with a handlebar that has a 85mm reach
The tarmac has a reach of 40,1cm and a stack of 59,1cm

If I take the S-works Venge then it will be a 58cm like my tarmac with a -6degree 140mm stem and the aerofly 2 has a reach of 80mm
For the Madone it's different. There I would need a 60cm with a -14degree 130mm stem (Trek only makes 140mm for the pros) but the handlebar has a reach of 90mm

Now I also have a question about the geometry of the Madone.
The stack is 60.1 compared to the 58.1 on the venge. Does someone knows that the stack on the Madone is measured with the special head tube spacer or not?

What would you advise me to do?

TheRich

by TheRich

ODC wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:18 pm
What would you advise me to do?
Buy the one that turns you on the most or you can get the best deal on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Visus

by Visus

The Tarmac SL6 and new Venge have the absolutlely same stack and therefore give you the same "fit", this was intended by Specialized. In the geo-chart the Venge has a lower stack but the necessary topcap (18mm) brings it back up to the Tarmac height

The Trek geo-chart is with the topcap included. Note that the Trekchart is smaller by one size. A 56cm Venge/Tarmac equals the fit of a 58cm Madone/Emonda H1

for comparison use bikegeo.net to replicate your fit

Mirco

by Mirco

Oh, is the Steerer Top Cap realy 18mm? I will geht the S-Works Venge with Etap AXS in about 3 weeks and switching from the Venge Vias Disc.

Visus

by Visus

Mirco wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 pm
Oh, is the Steerer Top Cap realy 18mm? I will geht the S-Works Venge with Etap AXS in about 3 weeks and switching from the Venge Vias Disc.
stack of venge vias and new venge ist the same in same sizes with the corresponding topcaps

Mirco

by Mirco

Visus wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm
Mirco wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 pm
stack of venge vias and new venge ist the same in same sizes with the corresponding topcaps
I do not use the Venge Vias Stem and Handlebar. I use the Vision Metron 4D Stem Handlebar with a mix of Vision Spacers and Vias Spacers. So the first one at top of the compression ring is the 10mm Vias Transition Spacer and then 15mm Vision Metron 4D Transition Spacer. So 25mm between the compression ring and the Stem.

Concerning the Venge 2019 it would be interesting to know the height of the lower Transition and upper Transition Spacer.
Attachments
052FB0D0-FD18-486C-A278-CF90B82178B0.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

Visus wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:21 pm
The Tarmac SL6 and new Venge have the absolutlely same stack and therefore give you the same "fit", this was intended by Specialized. In the geo-chart the Venge has a lower stack but the necessary topcap (18mm) brings it back up to the Tarmac height

The Trek geo-chart is with the topcap included. Note that the Trekchart is smaller by one size. A 56cm Venge/Tarmac equals the fit of a 58cm Madone/Emonda H1

for comparison use bikegeo.net to replicate your fit
So if I unstand you correct and I take the venge with the included topcap then I would have a stack around 60cm.
Almost the same like on the Madone with the topcap and like on my SL6 with my little topcap under the stem.

Then I would need to take the:
-12 degree stem on the venge (with a spacer),
-14 stem on the Madone (with a spacer),
to get the same amount of drop like on my SL6.

The only thing that bothers me at this moment is the reach/stem length.
On the madone I only can get a 130mm stem but with a 90mm reach handlebar
On the venge I can get a 140mm stem but with a 80mm reach handlebar
If you compare it with the stem length and handlebar reach then on the hoods my position must be the same? Or are I wrong?
I'm riding for 99% of the time in the hoods.