Deda Zero100 handlebar vs Deda Superleggera shape...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

I think i found my perfect shape handlebar for my type of riding... Deda Superleggera.. Very comfortable, very nice match with Campy Shifters.. I found really comfortable using drops (it put me in perfect position, and i feel much more stable on downhills, or when i sprint, or just riding in drops). Same thing for Tops of the bar.. I found i can position my self perfect on climbs, and same experience with hoods (perfect transition from tops to hoods, very comfortable inb hoods as well seated or standing...)

Also i was worried that Superleggera wont be stiff enough for my riding, but i find it plenty stiff and no problems with that (at least with Fizik Cyrano R1 stem, but im switching to Deda superleggera stem which is in ordering process)

So i want to switch from Easton EC90SLX3 on my second bike to same shape as Deda Superleggera... Since this Cannondale CAAD12 alloy frameset thinking should i go again Superleggera or Deda Zero 100.. This bike is my bad weather bike, or bike which i transport on roof of my car, bike that i'll bring with me on hollidays, and probably sometimes will be riden by my gf...

1. Is it shape of Deda Zero100 handlebar same as Superleggera? Will put me in exactly same positions while riding?

2. What is the actual weight difference of both bars in 42 cm outside-outside (40 cm center-center) Superleggera in this size is 194 gm

3. Will there be a big comfort difference since carbon absorb much better vibrations? (and considering that will be on alloy frame this time)

4. Which is flexier? Again im satisfied with stifness of Deda Superleggera, so if Deda Zero100 is stiffer then this, then is irelevant to me.. If it's flexier, then will be a problem probably... (but i guess it can be only stiffer, not flexier)

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

- AFAIK all deda bars with the "RHM" drops have the same shape
- Carbon will absorb more vibration than aluminum.
- Lower end, heavier carbon is often less stiff than light, top end stuff

HTH

crn

by crn

Marin wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 am
Not quite true. Altough basic RHM shape is the same and they all have same drop and reach, Superleggera and Superzero (and probably Alanera) have more clearence for sprinting in the drops. Compare bars curvature from the top view: https://twitter.com/dedaelementi/status ... 7579633665
(I can personaly confirm for Superzero, Superleggera and RHM2 bars)

octav

by octav

If you have mechanical shifting I would stick with Zero 100.
Superleggera(I have superleggera) has a very tight bend where the shifting cable enters the lever so it causes some big frictions there.
I used it with Sram Etap but now switched to SuperRecord mechanical so this appeared. I have put the cable outsisde the inside channel of the handlebar. Not so estethic... but shifting is the most important in the end if we talk about mecahnical.

octav

by octav

Regarding the shape, I can confirm the Superleggera shape is wonderful and it works perfect with both Sram and Campy.

crn

by crn

3Pio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:04 am
3. Will there be a big comfort difference since carbon absorb much better vibrations? (and considering that will be on alloy frame this time)

4. Which is flexier? Again im satisfied with stifness of Deda Superleggera, so if Deda Zero100 is stiffer then this, then is irelevant to me.. If it's flexier, then will be a problem probably... (but i guess it can be only stiffer, not flexier)
Thanks
As you said Superleggera is already plenty stiff but much more comfortable then both alloy bars. I had Superzero alloy and RHM2 alloy and they are both stiffer then Superleggera so I suppose Zero100 would be the same.

3Pio

by 3Pio

crn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 am
Marin wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 am
Not quite true. Altough basic RHM shape is the same and they all have same drop and reach, Superleggera and Superzero (and probably Alanera) have more clearence for sprinting in the drops. Compare bars curvature from the top view: https://twitter.com/dedaelementi/status ... 7579633665
(I can personaly confirm for Superzero, Superleggera and RHM2 bars)
Usefull info... U can confirm that Superzero, Suerleggera and RHM02 have same shape and exactly same shape and curvature? From post u send, i can see that Superleggera have more rounded tops (from tops to hoods part) vs on Deda Zero100 (dont know how big difference is in real). But on Superleggera im finding this round part is very comfortable since let me spread arms or lengthen a little bit and still be on tops...So is it the same on Deda Zero100 or there is more square shape in this part (since alloy cant be shaped that flexible as carbon)? If it's different is it big difference?

And anoter question regarding Superleggera.. On Deda Zero100 u can see that marks for hoods positioning is higher then on Deda Superleggera (Grit area)....

Is it still ok and safe to put hoods higher from marked grit area on Superleggera (to match the same position as marks on Deda Zero100 (using carbon paste since above grit area is smooth carbon)? Or have to be exactly on grit area (which put them low for most of the peoples)?

crn

by crn

octav wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:45 am
Superleggera(I have superleggera) has a very tight bend where the shifting cable enters the lever so it causes some big frictions there.
I used it with Sram Etap but now switched to SuperRecord mechanical so this appeared. I have put the cable outsisde the inside channel of the handlebar. Not so estethic... but shifting is the most important in the end if we talk about mecahnical.
Same here. If you route shifter cable from the outside there is no friction or bending.

crn

by crn

3Pio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 am
Usefull info... U can confirm that Superzero, Suerleggera and RHM02 have same shape and exactly same shape and curvature? From post u send, i can see that Superleggera have more rounded tops (from tops to hoods part) vs on Deda Zero100 (dont know how big difference is in real). But on Superleggera im finding this round part is very comfortable since let me spread arms or lengthen a little bit and still be on tops...So is it the same on Deda Zero100 or there is more square shape in this part (since alloy cant be shaped that flexible as carbon)? If it's different is it big difference?

And anoter question regarding Superleggera.. On Deda Zero100 u can see that marks for hoods positioning is higher then on Deda Superleggera (Grit area)....

Is it still ok and safe to put hoods higher from marked grit area on Superleggera (to match the same position as marks on Deda Zero100 (using carbon paste since above grit area is smooth carbon)? Or have to be exactly on grit area (which put them low for most of the peoples)?
Superzero and Superleggera have same top curvaturea and RHM2 have same as Zero100 which is tighter. Appart from that everything else is the same. Difference is not that big but big enough to be able to comfortably sprint from the drops without bars smashing your wrists (for the same reason 3ttt bars have tops to drops flare so this is another solution for same problem)
As for the hoods position I'm using carbon paste on the smoth area without any problems
Last edited by crn on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3Pio

by 3Pio

crn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am
octav wrote:
Same here. If you route shifter cable from the outside there is no friction or bending.

I allready have Superleggera (and since i realized it work very well with Campy want to get another bar for my second bike) and using with Mechanical Campy Record.. While was really frustrating to install cables and almost returned the bar because of this, after i succeed, i cant notice any friction or bad shifting or something.. I used inside shifter channels for routing and done internal routing of cables...

On second bike i have same groupset.. Mechanical Record.. But this second bike have oposite Rear Brake routing (English standard, so tighter bend and can produce problem). So seem that if i go Superleggera here, will have to do External Routing....

3Pio

by 3Pio

octav wrote:
crn wrote:
octav wrote:
Can u please put some picture to check how will look with external routing on Superleggera bar?

crn

by crn

3Pio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:19 pm
octav wrote:
crn wrote:
octav wrote:
Can u please put some picture to check how will look with external routing on Superleggera bar?
Not external routing. I also routed cables internaly but shifter cable goes outside and brake cable goes inside
Like this:

crn

by crn

]This is how it looks.
IMG_20190222_094851.jpg
IMG_20181114_151555.jpg

3Pio

by 3Pio

crn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 pm
]This is how it looks.

IMG_20190222_094851.jpg
IMG_20181114_151555.jpg

Aha.. So u still used the internal routing channel, but separate routes for shifter and brakes.. BTW, looks very nice and we have same bikes :) and same colour... Another thing that i like at ur setup is ur Garmin mount.. What kind of mount is this?

And since i can see u use Superleggero Stem which i also ordered.. What torque specs u use for bolts on the bar part? And what on fork stereer part?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crn

by crn

3Pio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:45 pm
crn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 pm
]This is how it looks.

IMG_20190222_094851.jpg
IMG_20181114_151555.jpg

Aha.. So u still used the internal routing channel, but separate routes for shifter and brakes.. BTW, looks very nice and we have same bikes :) and same colour... Another thing that i like at ur setup is ur Garmin mount.. What kind of mount is this?

And since i can see u use Superleggero Stem which i also ordered.. What torque specs u use for bolts on the bar part? And what on fork stereer part?
It's Fetha mount https://www.fetha.com.au/product-page/n ... nium-mount
I'm using carbon paste on bars and stem and tight no more then 5N-m. Never had any problems