Izalco Max 9.7 v Teammachine SLR01 Disc Three

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

murph

by murph

Anyone ridden or own either of the above? On paper there's not much to separate them. Similiar pricepoint and components. I prefer the shallower wheels of the BMC but I could always buy new wheels for the izalco so that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Do I need to consider that the BMC may get updated next year v the Izalco deisgn that is new but should still be around for another 2/3 years? Other than that does it just come down to looks/colour and if I can test ride them; the feel of the bike?

Its a lot of money to spend and whilst I don't think either would be a poor choice I would be interested to hear opinions, particuarly of those that have ridden them and clocked up a few kms.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ettore

by Ettore

murph wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 am
Anyone ridden or own either of the above? On paper there's not much to separate them. Similiar pricepoint and components. I prefer the shallower wheels of the BMC but I could always buy new wheels for the izalco so that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Do I need to consider that the BMC may get updated next year v the Izalco deisgn that is new but should still be around for another 2/3 years? Other than that does it just come down to looks/colour and if I can test ride them; the feel of the bike?

Its a lot of money to spend and whilst I don't think either would be a poor choice I would be interested to hear opinions, particuarly of those that have ridden them and clocked up a few kms.

Cheers
If you care about the residual value after one or two years, then you could consider when you expect a bike to be updated, but this will always be an ongoing game. Just buy the bike you like the most, I'd say..

iamraymond

by iamraymond

The Focus is a brand new frameset for 2019 so the reviews/opinons are hard to find. On the other hand, there are a handful of users on WW riding the SLR01 (disc and rim) so I'm sure you can get more feedback from them. The current SLR01 frame was released in 2018 so I don't think you need to worry about them redesigning for next year or even the year after.

I own a 2018 SLR01 Disc TWO (mechanical Ultegra) which I converted to Di2 , so it's essentially the 2019 SLR01 THREE. It's an awesome bike and I have absolutely no regrets dropping the $$$$ on it. At first I was worried about the 28mm max tire clearance, but after riding the bike for a while I can say that the comfort and grip from the 25mm Vittoria Corsas is nothing that I would complain about.

With that said, the Focus looks like an awesome bike. It looks to better priced and spec'd than the BMC (which typically comes at premium).