Izalco Max 9.7 v Teammachine SLR01 Disc Three

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

murph

by murph

Anyone ridden or own either of the above? On paper there's not much to separate them. Similiar pricepoint and components. I prefer the shallower wheels of the BMC but I could always buy new wheels for the izalco so that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Do I need to consider that the BMC may get updated next year v the Izalco deisgn that is new but should still be around for another 2/3 years? Other than that does it just come down to looks/colour and if I can test ride them; the feel of the bike?

Its a lot of money to spend and whilst I don't think either would be a poor choice I would be interested to hear opinions, particuarly of those that have ridden them and clocked up a few kms.

Cheers

Ettore

by Ettore

murph wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 am
Anyone ridden or own either of the above? On paper there's not much to separate them. Similiar pricepoint and components. I prefer the shallower wheels of the BMC but I could always buy new wheels for the izalco so that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Do I need to consider that the BMC may get updated next year v the Izalco deisgn that is new but should still be around for another 2/3 years? Other than that does it just come down to looks/colour and if I can test ride them; the feel of the bike?

Its a lot of money to spend and whilst I don't think either would be a poor choice I would be interested to hear opinions, particuarly of those that have ridden them and clocked up a few kms.

Cheers
If you care about the residual value after one or two years, then you could consider when you expect a bike to be updated, but this will always be an ongoing game. Just buy the bike you like the most, I'd say..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamraymond

by iamraymond

The Focus is a brand new frameset for 2019 so the reviews/opinons are hard to find. On the other hand, there are a handful of users on WW riding the SLR01 (disc and rim) so I'm sure you can get more feedback from them. The current SLR01 frame was released in 2018 so I don't think you need to worry about them redesigning for next year or even the year after.

I own a 2018 SLR01 Disc TWO (mechanical Ultegra) which I converted to Di2 , so it's essentially the 2019 SLR01 THREE. It's an awesome bike and I have absolutely no regrets dropping the $$$$ on it. At first I was worried about the 28mm max tire clearance, but after riding the bike for a while I can say that the comfort and grip from the 25mm Vittoria Corsas is nothing that I would complain about.

With that said, the Focus looks like an awesome bike. It looks to better priced and spec'd than the BMC (which typically comes at premium).