Bontrager XXX Brake Cable & Housing Set

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I’m going to venture a guess that it’s probably just rebadged Jagwire Elite Link. Bontrager uses Jagwire for all of their cabling (at least the high-end bikes).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hlvd

by hlvd

FIJIGabe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:44 pm
I’m going to venture a guess that it’s probably just rebadged Jagwire Elite Link. Bontrager uses Jagwire for all of their cabling (at least the high-end bikes).

Hey thanks, I'll have a look.

eric01

by eric01

The second picture in the Bontrager page looks exactly like jagwire elite link. I’ve installed many over the years and it works quite well for me.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

hlvd

by hlvd

eric01 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 pm
The second picture in the Bontrager page looks exactly like jagwire elite link. I’ve installed many over the years and it works quite well for me.
Hi, would you say it's worth the cost compared to SP41?

eric01

by eric01

Worth the cost? They are a little pricey, but they take tighter bends better (good for small frames) and just plain look cool.

IMHO if theres multiple things you want to upgrade on your bike, put fancy cables towards the back half of your list. Better wheels, upgrading components etc are bigger bang for buck.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

FIJIGabe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:44 pm

I would agree. I have Jagwire and even the frame beads look the same.

akaspin

by akaspin

Little offtopic. I feeling little rub with Jagwire uncoated cables (https://jagwire.com/products/inner-wire ... inner-wire) with this housing. Any coated cables - no rub. Does anyone have something similar?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Another off topic.
I don't really like Jagwire's uncoated cable.
But Shimano inner cable pair poorly with it. It seems that Shimano polymer coated brake cable has a little larger diameter than Jagwire. It is a poor fit to their stock liner.
Any alternative cable liner with bigger inner diameter or alternative inner cable that is better than Jagwire's?

akaspin

by akaspin

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 pm
Another off topic.
I don't really like Jagwire's uncoated cable.
But Shimano inner cable pair poorly with it. It seems that Shimano polymer coated brake cable has a little larger diameter than Jagwire. It is a poor fit to their stock liner.
Any alternative cable liner with bigger inner diameter or alternative inner cable that is better than Jagwire's?
+1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com