Has anyone used a Stages Campy Gen3 12s PM yet?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Gathering parts for my EPS 12 builds (SL6 and SWorks Venge).. Ive decided I love the new Super Record 12s crank too much to not have it...
Ive narrowed down my PM choices to either the Stages Super Record LH , or SRM Exakts.. not interested in Assioma or Garmins

Those are my 2 choices for that setup..

I own SRM and P2Max setups and I know they are reliable...besides rainmaker, I have not really seen a negative Exakt review, theres a few extra setup steps it seems, but watching the video its nothing complicated.. SRM told me alot of the problems people have is not completing the setup properly which I can see watching the videos... you know how it is today, no one reads, they just do, and when it screws up, blame the manufacturer!

Stages.. its LH only so double it up... on my Neo, I seem to have a pretty even balance according to TDA software...

Both bikes will be raced.. so a consideration is the Exakts if the bike gets dumped.

Price wise, in the end the Exakts will cost me $150 more per bike since my pedal choice is Keo Carbon Ti

SRM has made the stem mount for the new Venge stem, so I can keep my PC8.. (I like my PC8)

So between those 2 choices.... thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Not 12s, but I've had a Gen3 Stages SR arm since last August. It replaced a Gen2 Record arm I got through sponsorship not long after they came out and which eventually started under reading. I also got drop outs and frequent battery drain in the wet so I sold it on.

By contrast the Gen3 has been rock solid. It's currently on my winter bike and has been for months, so it's got wet and covered in shite on pretty much every ride since early November with only one battery change to date. I too own a Campag SRM (5-bolt older type) and a couple of 4-bolt Power2Max Type S Campag PMs and thus far the readings from the Stages are consistent with those. It may be too early to tell for sure but it would seem that with the Gen3 Stages have ironed out the bugs.

dt75

by dt75

Is your Gen3 Stages SR crank still working well with no problems? I'm considering getting one new, or looking for a used Campagnolo P2M.
Cheers

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Yes it is. I used it all this season on one of my race bikes and it's been as reliable and consistent as my SRM and P2M power meters. No signs of the problems that plagued the Gen2.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

dt75

by dt75

Dilema solved....thanks :thumbup:

fogman

by fogman

I also was considering Stages vs. SRM Exakt. I ended up sending my Super Record 12 left crank arm to Stages for a factory install. The turnaround time was about 2 weeks. This saved me from buying an “extra” crank arm. Haven’t tried it yet as it is going on a build project over the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com