New S-Works Exos shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Yes, I'm very happy with the lack of weight and comfort of these shoes. I had Sidis prior to the Exos. I see that Sidi has started to reduce the weight on their latest offerings. This is my first pair of Specialized shoes. My experiences with the Exos prove that these are not race-day only shoes. Btw I wear my Exos in the winter with shoe covers. I don't feel thay lack insulation/warmth over my Sidis.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chorus88

by chorus88

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:07 am
I think they held up well but you can be the judge. The heel pads are original. I live in the U.S. and use miles not km. These have over 7,000 miles or 11,265kms. All outdoor miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry...7000 miles not 7000 kilometres (brain fart).
Very WHITE & Very LIGHT! :thumbup:
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Question for the guys who have s works 7 and these shoes. Did you stay with the same size / are they a similar fit? Cheers

ichobi

by ichobi

Have both. Usr same size. In the end sell off the sworks 7 since they become pretty much redundant. The exos are a lot more comfortable and lighter feeling and this is coming from someone who thinks the sworks7 is already a gold standard for performance cycling shoes.

mountainer

by mountainer

ichobi wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Have both. Usr same size. In the end sell off the sworks 7 since they become pretty much redundant. The exos are a lot more comfortable and lighter feeling and this is coming from someone who thinks the sworks7 is already a gold standard for performance cycling shoes.
Same here. I have the s-works 7 and the Exos as well. I am staying already one week on Gran Canaria Island and had enough time to test my Exos on long days in the saddle with step climbs and even in different weather conditions. Wet and cold in the mountains, almost hot near the coast. These shoes are a dream. Absolutely no pain - even in the colder conditions I don`t feel worse than in stronger cycling shoes. I am using the same size for both.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I miss my exos. By far the most comfortable cycling shoe I've ever worn of the 5 brands I've owned.

micky

by micky

What happened to your exos?

mountainer

by mountainer

Sock3t wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:42 pm
I miss my exos. By far the most comfortable cycling shoe I've ever worn of the 5 brands I've owned.
Curious as well why you don’t have them anymore...

chorus88

by chorus88

jaybian_leather instagram (VIDEO: Exos repair) :thumbup:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5R4mpqnQrN/
Attachments
Untitled-exo.jpg
Untitled-exo+.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

akaspin

by akaspin

Can anybody measure sole width in toebox area. I'm interested in sizes 45, 45.5 and 46

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

There's a wide version of the Exos now (if you visit the Asian side of the specialized website). I am going to get them maybe next month or so, will see if they fit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

akaspin

by akaspin

Kayrehn wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 pm
There's a wide version of the Exos now (if you visit the Asian side of the specialized website). I am going to get them maybe next month or so, will see if they fit.

Can you post a link?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

It's just the usual specialized website; when I access it from Singapore where I reside, there's the regular/wide option available. Image

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

I had a pair of 99s, Exos, and SW7s. Out of all of those I prefer the SW7s. The Exos feel great and are insanely light, but I had concerns about the sole durability (specifically the toe portion) and comfort. For me the single BOA put too much pressure on the side/top of my foot. The SW7s feel more comfortable and durable. All of that being said, I only had them on for about two months, I ended up crashing and ruining the shoes unfortunately.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

akaspin

by akaspin

Need help. Choosing between sizes 45 and 45.5.

How I should feel the area of metatarsal heads? 45 felt a bit lower than 45.5. Pressure on lateral (outside) arch is more concentrated in front of the arch in size 45.

Are there any visual cues to determine the distance from my longest toe to front of the shoe? Like tip od "S" on S-Works 7. In size 45 my big (longest) toe ends by 1.5 mm in front of textured part of forefoot. In size 45.5 the big toe ends exactly there textured part pf forefoot.

The stock insoles will be replaced with Solestar Custom. Solestar is slightly thicker than stock insoles.