New S-Works Exos shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Js2

by Js2

guyc wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 am
I'm on the new 901's and really like them - would also be interested to know though.
I also recently got a pair for RC 901 on sale, damn they are really comfortable. Comfort is a notch above my S works 7. It wraps softer around the sides and tops (if that make sense, like being wrapped by a comfortable foam) vs the S works which is just your feet is against pure material.

Also the toe area (bottom of the foot) angle on the last is flatter compared to the sworks which has a slight incline.

The pearlescent finish on the white ones are so damn sexy too :thumbup:

rlanger

by rlanger

My new Lake CX 301 are 195 grams in a size 43 and cost me about US$150. Incredibly comfortable and stiff shoes for less than half the price and only 30 grams or so heavier per shoe.

I'd still like to try out the Exos though. I think they look great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Exos not an amazing looking shoe but lets be honest, they are much better looking than the 301. How much that is worth...up to the individual.

kode54

by kode54

Interesting...I went in the opposite direction by a half size. I used to wear 41.5, but recently tried a 41 in S-Works 7 and now, have switched to the smaller size including the Exos. Fit is the same (no surprise) but fit is so much better including the ankle area that most riders have issues with.
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 pm
There's no hard heel cup on the Exos. But there's also not much padding around the heel. Due to lack of heavy padding it's important to get the fit right on the Exos. Normally a heavily padded shoe will feel comfortable even if the fit is not exactly perfect as the padding conforms to the shape of your foot. On the Exos a small mis-fit will cause discomfort on the road. Initially I got the Exos in a size 40.5. At the shop they felt fine but on the road the top of the heel cup was irritating the achilles tendon. This is because the 40.5 was too short in length. So I bought two additional pairs in sizes 41 and 41.5. At home I tried both on and decided that the 41.5 is a safer bet. I returned the 40.5 and 41. The 41.5 has the perfect length for me and I ride with comfort with no hot spots. For reference I measured the distance between my large toe to the tip of the shoe and that distance is 12mm. In summary if you are in between sizes on the Exos it's safer to go with the larger size. For another reference I wear a 41 in a Sidi.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

It could be that your old shoes are half a size too big and my old shoes are half a size too small. Now we both have found the correct size for comfort. This is also my first pair of S-Works shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I miss the Exos. The S-works 7's are not as comfortable at all.

wyz

by wyz

A ww question, does anyone know the weight difference between the footbed in Exos and foottbed in S-works 7. I wonder how much weight difference is from the footbed. Thanks!

mountainer

by mountainer

I am from Italy, spending road bike holidays in Gran Canaria and did test my brand new Exos (black) now on three rides. They are amazing in terms of comfort. Great performing shoes. Just I noticed some spots, don`t know how to explain myself in english, but you can see on the photo. I mean nothing special but after two days of riding - don`t know how they will look a few months later. The Dyneema seems to be really sensitive. Any suggestions how to clean this the best way?
IMG_1559.JPG

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I can't tell if that's abrasion or a scuff mark. I assume you have already tried wiping it down with a wet towel? My Exos in white are holding up extremely well after over half of year of riding. Every once in a while I use some diluted Simple Green degreaser and a wet towel to wipe the shoes down. So far the white part has remained perfectly white with no marks of any kind. I'm really surprised how well these shoes have held up. I'll post some pics. later tonight.

mountainer

by mountainer

Of cause I have tried wiping it down with a wet towel but this is kind of abrasion. I really didnˋt touch somewhere, just did three rides in dry weather, no walking around.... Think I will show them to my Specialized dealer where I bought them, curious what they will tell about. Actually i bought them in black, especially cause I was hoping they would keep longer a clean look.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Perhaps you can exchange them for a new pair in white. I think white would hide abrasion and minor abrasion better than black. I have no abrasion nor blemishes after over 7,000 miles of riding. These shoes have surpassed my expectations when it comes to durability. See the pics I took tonight
ImageImage

chorus88

by chorus88

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 am
Perhaps you can exchange them for a new pair in white. I think white would hide abrasion and minor abrasion better than black. I have no abrasion nor blemishes after over 7,000 miles of riding. These shoes have surpassed my expectations when it comes to durability. See the pics I took tonight
ImageImage

After 7000 kms, what does the sole look like...are they hacked up?
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I think they held up well but you can be the judge. The heel pads are original. I live in the U.S. and use miles not km. These have over 7,000 miles or 11,265kms. All outdoor miles.

mountainer

by mountainer

Your shoes are still looking great after so many miles. In terms not only of weight, but comfort and feeling of pedaling I prefer the Exos over my S-works 7. No doubt. I am curious if they will change me my shoes for a new pair. Even if it is still a minor issue, I hope so. New shoes... not the cheapest once.... Maybe white would be better you are right.

mountainer

by mountainer

Just to show the impressive weight gain over S-works7. Size 45, Look cleats mounted.
CFAA3E70-EF4E-487A-AFD9-279A16C0D671.jpeg
3C5E284D-EC7F-402D-B774-6E127B647126.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com