wheel bag for disc brake road wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FignonsMissing8Sec

by FignonsMissing8Sec

I'm looking for a wheel bag for my set of disc road wheels. I'm thinking about the evoc bags but they do not have any protection for discs. https://www.evocsports.com/products/acc ... -2-pcs-set

Ideally I'm looking for mostly soft bags that have extra support and protection on one side for the discs. I don't really care if its one double bag or two single bags. Does anyone have any suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

honestly you are way better off removing them for travel if you are worried about them getting tweaked untrue.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ms6073

by ms6073

Ditto on previous comment. As an early adopter of disc brakes for CX racing, when traveling by air I packed the bikes in Evoc's soft sided bags, removed the rotors - centerlock makes it pretty simple. This allowed me to carry 4 wheels in the bike case and a couple more in wheel bags as carry-ons which fit in the overhead on most airliners but regional jets/turbo props are a non-starter. For the OP, sorry for the shameless plug, but if you don't find any better options and are in the US, I have two brand new Mavic red padded wheel bags that I no longer need (image below is not the actual bags).

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"