Narrow & aero bars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pedalbasher

by pedalbasher

I'm looking for a bar/stem combo to go on my new Tarmac SL6. Ideally matching, but more importantly must be aero profiled bars and they can't be wider than 36cm. What's out there? I know the Enve SES bars are 35cm c-c on the hoods which is ideal, but they are mega bucks especially when coupled with the Enve aero stem. I've been looking at the Zipp SL-70- aeros and the Pro Vibe aero bars, both of which come in a 38cm c-c with nice matching stems... but I really want narrower if at all possible (very narrow shoulders, aero focus for road racing, bike fit suggested I was most comfortable/suited to about 35cm c-c).

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TiCass

by TiCass

I had the 3T Ergonova in 38cm (36.4 at the hood). Not exactly full aero, but not round either. I also have narrow shoulder but I ultimately went back to 38cm. The reason... the bike was starting to handle like a noodle, especially out of the saddle.

I have the Aero Vibe in 38 now, super happy about that.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Deda Superzero 38cm outside, must be 36 or maybe 35 cm center - center.

pedalbasher

by pedalbasher

Thanks both.

Can't see the Super Zero in a size 38 anywhere online...

Is there any site that lists centre to centre measurements for different bars? That would be super useful!

TiCass, interesting you found the handling affected. I've never ridden narrower than 38 but always felt I should be narrower as I naturally roll my wrists inside the hoods if that makes sense. Bike fit a couple of weeks ago confirmed it.

Any others that might fall somewhere between 35 and 38 c-c?

Cheers