Jersey pocket bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kordis123

by kordis123

Maybe someone knows more organizers like this? It is a little too big for me. Something from aliexpress would be great. Can find only one more item like this.

Thanks

https://road.cc/content/review/157271-s ... sticky-pod
Attachments
Sticky Pods Large Sticky Pod - open.jpg

C36

by C36

Here in Colombia one of the 10s of local equipment manufacturer build several of those pouches but probably not to the level of compartment you seems to wish.
I took one that I can keep my spare tubular tight and smooth (no risk for the valve to hurt me).

Basic construction BUT iT is as compact as possible on the central pocket, then phone on the right and food on the left (multitool and co2 in the second bottle slot)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

Try the wallets from Silca. I use the Borsa Americano which fits my iPhone 7+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uraqt

by uraqt

I have one of the 1st

https://silca.cc/collections/packs/prod ... one-wallet

I love it!!!

C

kordis123

by kordis123

What do you guys think, isn't it dangerous to have a pump and some other hard stuff in the back of the jersey? I imagine it might even break the spine if you ever need to do a somersault in an accident.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I use the Lyezne medium bag.

Am I worried about hard stuff on my back? No. 1) you won’t fall straight down onto it 2) it can and will move.

TonyM

by TonyM

I have tried the Rapha and Lezyne bags (small and large) in the past but I prefer having a small saddle bag and in the jersey’s pocket a small pump together with a ziplock bag with ID, $ and phone. I feel more “free” that way and for long rides I have more rooms for food
Last edited by TonyM on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

kordis123 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 pm
isn't it dangerous to have a pump and some other hard stuff in the back of the jersey? I imagine it might even break the spine
This argument/concern comes up with such frequency when discussing pumps and tools in jersey pockets, I'm inclined to believe it was created by saddle bag manufacturers. If there was empirical evidence that carrying stuff in your jersey was dangerous, you would think that liability-averse jersey makers would have phased out pockets by now, no?
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

TonyM

by TonyM

kordis123 wrote:What do you guys think, isn't it dangerous to have a pump and some other hard stuff in the back of the jersey? I imagine it might even break the spine if you ever need to do a somersault in an accident.
Not a pump but the allen/ hex keys I think.
It really depends how you crash ...

AJS914

by AJS914

I prefer a small saddle pack for tools, spare tube, patches, etc. My Lezyne mini pump is straped low on my seat tube. That way the bike is always ready to go and I can't forget anything that would leave me stranded on the side of the road if I had forgot it.

In a zip lock plastic bag in my jersey pocket I carry cell phone, credit card, cash, ID, and key to the house.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

https://silca.cc/collections/packs/prod ... 5346557960
Little bit pricey but how ofter you need replacement this kind of products... Earlier used minigrip but I it was like carrying ball on pocket so really like these wallet style bags. Silca have also other smaller pocket bags. With these kind of bags I don't think you need think about multitool pointing out on your back when crashing.

Lezyne caddy sack size S was my other option but it was out of stock most places when I bought Silca. I still need get one of these.
https://www.lezyne.com/product-orgnzrs-caddysack.php

On long rides using medium size Castelli saddle bag.

kode54

by kode54

I use the one from Bellroy...its an older Elements which is waterproof. Holds my phone, keys, cash, tire boot, medical ID.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kdawg

by kdawg

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm
I prefer a small saddle pack for tools, spare tube, patches, etc. My Lezyne mini pump is straped low on my seat tube. That way the bike is always ready to go and I can't forget anything that would leave me stranded on the side of the road if I had forgot it.

In a zip lock plastic bag in my jersey pocket I carry cell phone, credit card, cash, ID, and key to the house.
That doesn’t help much if you have a few bikes. I like a pocket pack better as no matter which bike I take I can’t forget anything that would leave me stranded...
I'm left handed, if that matters.

TonyM

by TonyM

kdawg wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm

That doesn’t help much if you have a few bikes. I like a pocket pack better as no matter which bike I take I can’t forget anything that would leave me stranded...
I have 3 road bikes and 3 saddle bags...LOL

dmp

by dmp

Kordis, I have a silca one that is new that I'm trying to sell- pm me if you are interested. It is smaller than the sticky pod. Also have a small sized sticky pod (smaller than the one you have pictured) that is for sale.
Last edited by dmp on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com