Smallest hand pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

Hi, does anyone know what would be the smallest hand pump available on the market today?

kode54

by kode54

Most of the small pumps don't work that well...at least the ones I have tried. I've been eyeing the Silca pump.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sizzler

by Sizzler

I have a Blackburn Airstik 2 stage pump. It's small, light and good for emergency use.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kode54 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm
Most of the small pumps don't work that well...at least the ones I have tried. I've been eyeing the Silca pump.

The Pocket Impero is not that small and VERY heavy. It’s a nice pump, but mini-pumps are something I’ll use a low single-digit number of times a year. For me that means getting the smallest, lightest pump that doesn’t outright suck. I settled on the Topeak Micro Rocket...it gets my tires back up to rideable pressures. The only thing it’s missing is Schrader compatibility if some random person on a BSO asks for help.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I have Topeac's carbon micro rocket.
https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produc ... ket-carbon

its about 15 cm long and weighs about 55 g.

uraqt

by uraqt

I have the carbon micro rocket and it's work great for about 5 or 6 years, maybe longer... but I might get 3 or 4 flats every 3,000 or 4,000 miles...

C

I have a Pocket Impero but haven't figured out how to carry it.. all my pockets are full when riding...

I have noticed that the metal pump face has scratched my training rims but I think any pump with a metal pump face will do that...

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

survivor wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:34 pm
Hi, does anyone know what would be the smallest hand pump available on the market today?
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOBANO/ba ... 00psi-pump
The Nano is a top-end, high-performance Road pump that is capable of inflating tires at up to 100 psi

It has been made from Titanium with a Carbon Fibre look to ensure exceptional reliability, performance and extremely low weight

This pump is fully compatible with Presta and Regina valves

Weights only 39 grams!!

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I have an ipump (i think that is it). Pretty small and only 21g. And it works! Just don’t expect high pressures, despite the claims... unless you are a gorilla.

Geoff

by Geoff

I have one of the Topeak Micro Rocket, as well. I once conducted a long-term clincher test and had quite a few flats, so I actually used it. It was surprisingly good and you could actually get pressures up reasonably high (rideable, anyway) without too much effort. Since being back on tubulars and starting a long-term tubeless test, I haven't had to use it at all. For peace-of-mind, though, it is pretty good, since I know it will work if I need it.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Airace Road Torch is 12cm - 4cm smaller than the Topeak one mentioned above.

Airace Torch comes in three types - MTB, Road and Bisexual versions.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

I have a compact Bike Tube Brand ( new name for their web site, it’s good ) pump that is 6.25 inches and pretty good in a pinch for a flat while riding.
Specialized used to have a pump just smaller than that, I had 2. Not quite as good, but very compact. :thumbup:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

flying

by flying

Don't know what is considered small but...I use the ProBike Tools pump
Small enough it easily fits in a jersey pocket & does not stick out

Works well & gets my 700x25 up to pressure after a flat
Nice quality & price as is all their stuff IMO :thumbup:
81wiEyy0ZLL._SL1500_.jpg
HPM-Hand-BK.jpg

TonyM

by TonyM

I have many but the Blackburn Airstick SL is my favorite! Light, small and it works.

Js2

by Js2

PokojniToza wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:48 pm

:up: second this, been very reliable in a very small package! Going strong in its year 2 of use now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

PokojniToza wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:48 pm

That is the slightly improved version. I have had mine for about 10 years now !

Pretty good if you want to get it up to rideable (limp home) pressure. I can get it to the 80+ psi range out on the road, though it will take a lot, as in A LOT of pumps.
I checked with my floor pump after getting home once. Air would only go in when the floorpump meter read somewhere between 80 ~ 90 psi.