DT swiss rws axles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Hi guys

Strange question but does anyone know how to remove the red "dt swiss" end cap from the lever of an rws axle? I have a set of dt swiss axles and a set of giant axles and I want to swap the end caps between them.

I found this pic on google so I know it can be done

2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

dcorn

by dcorn

I'm guessing it has something to do with the two small indents in the cap that probably correspond to a spanner wrench or key. My Crux has these axles with the Specialized logo on them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

dcorn wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:23 pm
I'm guessing it has something to do with the two small indents in the cap that probably correspond to a spanner wrench or key. My Crux has these axles with the Specialized logo on them.
I guessed the same. Tried rotating the cap with a pair of needle nose pliers but couldnt get it to move. It's hard to tell from the picture exactly how its fixed in place but its a good fit and the necessary force to remove it might actually damage the cap
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

motorapido

by motorapido

It is screwed on and from memory Loctited as well.
I made a plastic tool that fitted the slots and have removed them before with out damage. Heating it up first will help to break down and soften the Loctite with no lasting effect on the parts. (assuming the lever handles are the metal ones not the plastic type )